Today was the day...i became an MV Agusta owner - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 103 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Today was the day...i became an MV Agusta owner

I awoke from a short night of sleep this early morning... there was no urge to snooze, regardless of the complaints felt by my tired body. I still wasn’t sure if I was still IN a dream – the thought of picking up my very own MV Agusta motorcycle really only seemed like the workings of my imagination up to this point.

Weeks ago I received a message from Drew about interest in his Ago. It never really occurred to me that I would ever dream of purchasing one. I sent him a reply telling him if I know of anyone having interest, I’ll shoot them towards him. Just out of interest I started looking online and reading about the Ago. I have already read up about Agostini and his history, and knew that this was something special. The more I read about the Ago, and examined its fine details, the more I wanted to find some way to get it. What if I sell a kidney? What if I get another job? It finally hit me… what if I sell my R6?

I never really toyed with the idea of selling it. It has been my love for a long time. I’ve put thousands of miles on that bike- caring for it every step of the way. I knew I had something special, that I could one day introduce to the track if I were to ever find a street replacement.

I had already been slowly saving up my account. I was lucky enough to come across a large web development project that I had completed late last year that was going to really help with the MV purchase I would sometime have. I had set goals for an “amount” I would have saved by new years- and reached it. Around the same time, I guess I got a clearer sense of how much this board meant to others. I cannot believe the effort that Kevin (khfx) had started just out of sheer passion and enjoyment of the brand and of my creation. Without the effort, I wouldn’t have been able to do this, and catch such a great opportunity of owning a beautiful machine. Thank you to everyone who was involved- I will only hope that what I have created here really deserved such a gesture from many here.

The SPR has always been a love of mine. I think many on this board knew my heart skipped a beat at the thought of one. Not only was it the last of a great era of 750 engines, but something of its own. I did have my sights set on the SPR, following all of the recent sales and estimating an amount to earn for the purchase. I had a plan on the table which included not selling the R6, and estimated that I would meet the goal hopefully by spring.

I think the stars aligned on this one. I knew I had a friend who was a bit interested in my R6 if I were to ever sell it. I shot him a message and he instantly said “if you sell it, it’s mine” and later confirmed that he would be ready to purchase the bike. I was not expecting it, but I will take what I can get! Next on the list, sell away an old investment I had hoped to keep for a long time (very good domain name). Went on eBay, sold for more than expected. I guess I now realize how much some of my decisions in the past have affected the present… (mvagusta.net being one of them..)

I pinched myself to see if I would awake from such a dream on my way to Alex’s home (Altoon). I cannot thank him enough for volunteering to help out in every way possible. Not only did he bring out his truck to load the Ago up for me, but is giving it a safe home next to his very own F4 while I am in southern California for school in San Diego (for those wondering, I do NOT have a garage here… and the Ago would just not appreciate that).

We were met by Laurence (netizen) and his daughter, Ben (odonata) on his Senna, and my brother at Drew’s place. I won’t say much about the garage, but WOW (Tamburini.. and another Italian beauty). We hung around a bit, exchanging the words of enthusiasts with a passion. Time was flying so fast this morning..

The truck was loaded, and very soon after, unloaded. Once again I received a visit from another MV enthusiast, Larry (twoeleven), on his always incredible Tamburini. Not often do you get to see two different Tamburini’s on a given day. Thanks to Alex (and his wonderful wife, Tenshi) for an awesome lunch! I'm glad I took another burger for later, and the salad was great!

Thanks guys for sharing this special day with me, and for everything else you have done for me!

I cannot express how much I enjoy this community. What really means to me the most is the friendship that has been built through this site. Everyone here seems to share the same heart and soul- caring for others, and extending a hand to even the newest stranger on the board.

All I can say is thank you all for creating what has become my ultimate passion- one that I will finally be able to take to an entirely new level.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 103 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 01:45 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Thumbs up

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

finally... I dare to say that we are all extremely happy for you, and it was my honor to be there today.

now... I have been waiting to do this for a long time:

Submit your AGO to the registry please!!!!!!!!

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by odonata; 02-04-2007 at 01:50 AM.
post #3 of 103 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonata
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

finally... I dare to say that we are all extremely happy for you, and I have been waiting for this for a long time...

submit your MV to the registry please!!!!!!!!
HAHAHA I'm getting on it!!!

AGO #269/300 will soon be there
Attached Images

post #4 of 103 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 01:50 AM
lk

Very happy for you!!!.. Looking forward to a group ride.
post #5 of 103 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 01:56 AM
King of the Sink

That's fantastic news Alvin! Congratulations!!!

When a passenger of the foot moves in sight, tootle the horn trumpet melodiously to him at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth the warning, "Hi, hi."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 103 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Registry Submission Complete!!!
post #7 of 103 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 02:00 AM

Congrats, Alvin!!!
post #8 of 103 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 02:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
That is a great story. I am jealous of course I love the AGO. You are one lucky guy!.....enjoy.

MVA Sydney
post #9 of 103 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 02:30 AM

Congratulations!!! I'm glad to see that you were able to pick up such a special MV!
post #10 of 103 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Thanks guys for the kind words!!! The AGO is truly something

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode