I'm dumb, unlucky, or both... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
King of the Sink

I'm dumb, unlucky, or both...

Some of you may remember my hot day ride a couple of weeks ago. Well, dummy has done it again.

I rode to Pearce airbase north of Perth today - and lost quite a bit of weight as well as picking up a killer headache. I just noticed that the temp was 45.5C (114F)! I knew it was going to be pretty warm, but not that bad!

When a passenger of the foot moves in sight, tootle the horn trumpet melodiously to him at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth the warning, "Hi, hi."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
WOW! I'm sure you are drinking buckets of water!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 12:21 AM

Don't forget that riding is an athletic sport. It requires intense mind and body concentration. Add very hot temperatures and you're going to subject the body and mind to extremes! Carry extra fluids and rest when possible!!!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 01:00 AM

I'd say both....but thats what an MV can do to ya.

Don't worry you're not alone ...I've been stupid enough to do it twice in two days in 40C...long rides in stop go traffic , took me a nearly week to recover.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 01:42 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sventekoz
Some of you may remember my hot day ride a couple of weeks ago. Well, dummy has done it again.

I rode to Pearce airbase north of Perth today - and lost quite a bit of weight as well as picking up a killer headache. I just noticed that the temp was 45.5C (114F)! I knew it was going to be pretty warm, but not that bad!
Based upon your profession and educational background, I'd say you are not dumb. You are living in Oz and have an MV so you're not unlucky either. Addicted maybe?

CAG
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 09:01 AM

Last summer Donna and I rode from Phoenix to Laguna Seca in record breaking heat. We stopped every hour to hour and a half and drank at least half a litre of water at every stop.

Once, on the second day we pushed on for better than two hours and both noticed a loss of concentration due to dehydration! Drink plenty when you ride, the relative wind effect dries you out more than realize, especially in hot conditions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode