Returning to bike - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Returning to bike

Hi, I'm returning to ride a bike again after a few years of absence

I have one big passion that is my vintage Alfa Romeo Giulia Super. I now want to add ride a bike again as a second passion. I used to drive Honda's in the 90's. But since MV's are back in style, my obsession is growing fast for this brand. Especially after the launch of F3 675.

But now there is also the F3 800 to consider, because I live in Sweden and the season ends soon F3 675 have reduced price tags (100 000 sek, 10 000) But as I read on the F3 800 it seams to be a better bike, but is the bike 4000 better than the 675?

I will use the bike almost every day to commute to work and the first 15 miles is single lane country road with limited amount of traffic

I hope that you guys can help me decide, I know that none of these bikes is a bad choice

/Fredrik
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 06:01 AM

Test ride and decide.

For me, if I had the choice now I would get the 800 (its only equivalent to 750 euro more here in SA) just for the slipper clutch and monoblocs, but I got my 675 long before the 800.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 06:31 AM

Fredrik,
Welcome, if you have been away from bikes since the 90's I suggest some test rides on a range of modern machines is what you need not just teh 675/800 F3. Bikes have changed a huge amount in that time it would be like comparing the Vasa to a modern cruise ship!

Only by riding a range of bikes will you then get an idea of what you really need in the way of performance, styling and getting to gel with a bike. Don't just get drawn to a particular model because thats what you think you need. Then take some refresher riding coaching and start to make plans.
Good luck.
jimboF4
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 06:39 AM

New Site Garage
Go the 800. You will get use to the 675 power fast and be upset you never bought the more powerful model

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 10:47 AM

Try to find a second hand and almost new F3 675, otherwise the new F3 800 is the way to go and enjoy, specially the white/black combo!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 03:14 AM Thread Starter

Not totaly out of the loop...

Thanks for inputs

I have been riding friends bikes and test drive once in a while, Honda's, Ducati's, KTM's, BMW's and Moto Guzzi's, so I'm fully aware of the new tech and how different a modern bike is rides different since I owned bikes in the 90's...
Also, 2 of my friends keep me in the loop of bikes, one is mechanic and the other rides and deals bikes for living

So far, the vote is to get the F3 800

/Fredrik
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 05:22 AM

I''l defend the little 675 - On the street it has plenty of power, more than you can use legally in almost any county i can think of. Its a bike thats all about corners and fun. The extra power from the 800 might be nice but if top end power is what you are after, why are you looking at mid size bikes?

It's possible to push the 675 on the street and feel like you are seeing some of the bikes potential. With the bigger bikes that can be difficult. Sometimes bigger is just bigger, not better. If you can't have fun on the 675 I'd be asking whats wrong with you, not whats wrong with the bike.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 09:19 PM

Those who can't ride buy larger cc bikes. Unless you are looking for top speed runs then you'd be better off learning how to get the most from the smaller cc and use the savings to buy some bits you like. The point has been made that modern day 600cc sportbikes are way more than enough for street riding. Then again, if you are looking for top speed hauler then you shouldn't be looking at these bikes.....mine as well do it up with a new full 1000cc or 1300cc superbike.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-26-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varium View Post
Those who can't ride buy larger cc bikes. Unless you are looking for top speed runs then you'd be better off learning how to get the most from the smaller cc and use the savings to buy some bits you like. The point has been made that modern day 600cc sportbikes are way more than enough for street riding. Then again, if you are looking for top speed hauler then you shouldn't be looking at these bikes.....mine as well do it up with a new full 1000cc or 1300cc superbike.
Agreed 100%.

Ride fast and furious but live to ride another day!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode