Hullo from a Duc Fan - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Hullo from a Duc Fan

Good morning. Until recently I had a 900SS and a 996, but there was a problem with the moving company (Indianapolis to Tucson) and they ended up pranging both bikes by setting them up in the truck on kickstands and expecting them to stay upright... The 900SS has been sold, and the 996 is being repaired.

Anyway, looking at a, local to Arizona, 2000 MV Agusta F4 Strada. Bike looks nice, 5600 miles, have to find out where she was serviced of course, but what d'ya think of that year MV? I know it isn't a 200HP F4 2010, but I'm looking for interesting and pretty, not new. Hate it when I see three of what I own at the local Starbucks. :-)

Thanks much!

- Dana Kincaid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 02:35 PM

Check with Steve at Renaissance motorcycles in Tucson. He probably knows the bike...
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Hello Dana....2000 is second year of the F4, and the "New" MV Agusta. There were some improvements made in the next couple of year models, such as dual radiators for better cooling.

Gorgeous bikes, very reliable with correct maintenance. Do NOT like city traffic.
Some of the guys can give you better advice on the earlier bikes.
Welcome to the forum.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Banned

"Gorgeous bikes, very reliable with correct maintenance. Do NOT like city traffic."

Planning to use for country desert trip up the mountains and around, with the 996 for more general use. Not sure yet, I have that spending urge, and MVs have caught my eye. LOL. Male jewelry.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasduc View Post
Check with Steve at Renaissance motorcycles in Tucson. He probably knows the bike...
He really wants to sell me the 2012 F4 that has been sitting on the floor for a bit though, I know. (...)

I'm not a real fan of new, I like projects. Most of my friends seem to like new new, the shiny, but that can be really boring. After all, if it has a warranty someone else will always be fixing the broke stuff. 21st Century plastic for plastic people.

"NCC-1701. No bloody A, B, C, or D!" - Montgomery Scott
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned

So ok folks, what say you? Buy or not?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-...#ht_626wt_1182
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 01:25 AM
Banned

Buy it! If the number plate is correct that's bike number 100. That's kind of cool to have an even number with an even number year.

Personally the early 750's are my favorites. Plenty of power but not so much where you can't make them scream.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 06:36 AM

Wait a little more some knowledgeable folks in here will tune in pretty soon. Will tell you what to look for as well just to be sure its a trouble free piece..
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Banned

ok and thanks... Standing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP1098 View Post
Wait a little more some knowledgeable folks in here will tune in pretty soon. Will tell you what to look for as well just to be sure its a trouble free piece..
Thanks!

"We watch, and we listen, and we are always there." - The Talamasca
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 09:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP1098 View Post
I think some already did. Notice the guy that posted previously with over 10K posts?

Personally my preference would be an evo2 or later on the 750's but even these early 2000 models are less trouble than the new 2013 models with their fueling and RBW issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode