Brutale 800 overkill? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

Brutale 800 overkill?

Hi to all!

As my old motorcycle is sold I'm looking at something new. Coming from a 600cc racer I would like something that is more comfortable, usable and with a sporty feel to it so I'm looking at the naked bike range.

I love the bikes with single swingarms so I'm sticking with that in mind. This makes the choice pretty small and when I compare the most sporty nakeds I'm only looking at the Ducati M796/1100 and MV Agusta Brutale 675,800... (don't like speed triples)

The Ducati looks more sensible when it comes to comfort and maybe safety with the ABS version...
My heart says MV all the way as the new Brutales look stunning.

I would really love to buy an 675 or 800...
I'm not somebody who goes to a track (maybe in the future) and I'm not looking for limits on street roads. On a lazy sunday I enjoy riding on cruising speeds so I would think the 800 is just overkill and to much for heavy traffic. But then the price difference is only 1000euro for adjustable suspension and the colours schemes are much more to my liking on the 800.

Just don't know what to go for when it comes to the 675 and 800.
Maybe a 675 will become tamed much faster then the 800, etc... is it possible to drive the 800 on a sanely manner on the streets or is it complete overkill? Heavy traffic?...

I'll probably go for a testride next week but before that I would like some opinions of 675 and 800 owners...

Thanks!

Last edited by Reynsj; 09-08-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Established Member

I have the 800 and I love it. It is fun, fast, and very confidence inspiring. I have owned many bikes and this one is my favorite. I have not been on the 675 but have heard great things about it. The 675 likes to be wound up more. They are both rev happy but the 675 is more so. I think you will like either bike. I wanted the adjustable suspension and bigger displacement. Both bikes are fast and fun you can't go wrong.

Current bikes:
Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
Ducati Multi 1100s
Yamaha Tmax
Former Bikes:
MV Agusta Brutale 750
Ducati Monster 796
Honda CBR 500R
MV Agusta Brutale 800
Ducati Multistada
Honda CTX 700
Harley Davidson XR1200X
Buell XB12r
Aprilla Shiver
Buell Blast
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Well I know the 800 is fast but how does the bike respond to heavy/ slow traffic? Also can you relax on the bike on cruising speeds or is it a constant inferno?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 03:11 PM

I have used my B800 to ride to and from work which is a 50 mile round trip mix of town, motorway (freeway to you guys) and heavy city traffic. Bike handles it all really easy. Yes it can be fast but it does all the dull commute stuff just as easy. The various map options on this bike means you can pick and choose just how docile or manic you want things.

I have ridden a 675, it's a great bike, but in the UK the 800 is just 500 more expensive, that is easily justified for the adjustable suspension alone. The extra power and torque just comes for free. :-)
jimboF4
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Established Member

Yes "boring" the bike is easy to ride slow when needed

Current bikes:
Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
Ducati Multi 1100s
Yamaha Tmax
Former Bikes:
MV Agusta Brutale 750
Ducati Monster 796
Honda CBR 500R
MV Agusta Brutale 800
Ducati Multistada
Honda CTX 700
Harley Davidson XR1200X
Buell XB12r
Aprilla Shiver
Buell Blast

Last edited by HeyZeus; 09-13-2013 at 08:45 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 03:25 PM

I purchased a 675 in June and have about 2,000 miles on it so far. Mostly commuting and weekend riding. The bike is spectacular. I am 5'6 170lbs and the bike fits really well. I have had lots of sport bikes new and old, large and small. This is really my favorite. For the price and my riding style this bike was perfect. I have had over 20 bikes over my 40 plus years and this is the first new bike I have ever purchased. Worth every penny. As fast as the 675 is, I can't imagine what the 800 is like. you won't go wrong with either bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode