This don't smell right, ORO? F5 Spec? £19,000? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

This don't smell right, ORO? F5 Spec? £19,000?

To many things don't add up http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MV-Agusta-...item43bf07958a Brando
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 09:49 AM

Brando, no it's not an Oro, it is however an early 750 bike that Casoli played around with and as said spent a lot of money on for no real improvement.

I have a poster of that same bike on my garage wall, it featured in Superbike magazine many years ago.

Not worth the money being asked IMHO.

jimbof4
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 11:17 AM

Wasn't this posted up a while back?
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Hi, yes I know all about the Casoli F5, it was me that posted some information about it from the Superbike magazine.
However one of the problems I have with this particular bike for sale is yes I know it's not an ORO. There is no gold magnesium? Ect On the bike. Also there is no yoke serial number plaque, instead there looks to be a fabricated plaque on the fuel tank.
Regarding the Casoli F5, that had the 800cc big bore kit fitted, which was why it was dubbed the F5 and the body work modded around this. The bike for sale WAS at time of me posting the link listed as a 750. It seems the owner has now changed the cc to 900 this afternoon, so it's gained 100ccover the 800cc it was claimed to be by calling it an F5.
Surly an MV Agusta F4 enthusiast would have a little basic knowledge of what they are owning or selling. Brando.

Last edited by Brando; 08-27-2013 at 12:08 PM.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 12:51 PM

Brando,
There is no such bike as an F5, this was a made up moniker by Casoli to denote the development bikes they were knocking out. There were a couple of big bore kits that Casoli were flogging. I even went to the shop in North London and chatted to them about the bits and pieces. I did buy some carbon off them I remember. The only way you will ever know the true cc of these bikes is to open them up and measure.

So take any claims by anyone trying to sell on these bikes with a dose of salt. They were produced between 2001 and 2004, but became totally irrelevant when MV launched the 1000S.

jimboF4

As for knowledgeable owners or dealers I am afraid what you see is what you get. Be wary.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Yes I know there was no such official MV Agusta called the F4, I have known this sinse as far back as I can remember. But I also know about the Casoli named F5. But thanks for that never the less
I would have thought the direction of the thread would have been more about the guy claiming it was an AGO rarther than the F5 Casoli angle alone. Brando
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 07:42 PM

New Site Garage
Brando, without being insulting to the guy, I had someone ring me up and claiming that he owned a F5 Brutale 910, now we all know there is no such thing.
Have you seen the F5 stamp on your bike on some parts ? They appear also as F4 on Brutale's and F4's.

Problem is, not everybody is as informed as the next guy that come's along, and might have built their own little world of perception based on the info they had at the time. Others might just be trying to trick you to sell or to glorify their product (I think this is it in this case).
This bike looks good, but not worth that price in my opinion.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 07:51 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post

This bike looks good, but not worth that price in my opinion.
I certainly agree about the price but strongly disagree about the looks - I've seen that bike over & over & it never fails to bring a little bit of sick into the back of my throat.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 08:13 PM

New Site Garage
Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
I certainly agree about the price but strongly disagree about the looks - I've seen that bike over & over & it never fails to bring a little bit of sick into the back of my throat.
Yeah I know Rob, but I was sort of being gentle there, especialy about the big silver GT stripes

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 01:53 AM

...........I didn't see a GT stripe .... (GT is one narrow and one wide, I think these are called Hodd stripes, or something like that)........ps it's an abortion and way too expensive

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode