Brought bike yesterday - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Smile Brought bike yesterday

Hello all,

Just want to let you know that I brought 2006 F41000 1+1 Blue/Silver yesterday. Before delivery, I am getting the wheels painted blue like the SP-01 kit. Now I have to wait for another 3-4 weeks.

In the last 14-16 months this is my fourth and last bike. I am around 35 years old and thought initially that I will get a cruiser. Brought the BMW R1200C Montauk. Drove it for 400 miles and did not get any "WOW" from any of my budies. So I traded it to get a BMW K1200RSA sports cruiser. Still no "WOW" factor other than people liked BMW motorcycle. BMW's are great bikes, but not for people like me who wants people to appreciate what I have. So I traded the BMW and brought 2005 Hayabusa last year. After driving this one for 400 miles, I realized that it looks like a fat pig. It is a fast bike, but really fat looking. I am not going to drag race it anyway. I am married with kids and thus only do street riding here and there. During school time, it was a different story. I owned many bikes and all sports.

To make the long story short, two weeks ago I went to my local MV Agusta dealer. I saw the new Ducati's, but was not impressed. The designer really messed up Ducati name with the new fairing (especially doubling of the fairing in the front) and the front lights. Then I saw the F4 and immediately fell in love. It is definately a Ferrari or motorcycle. I ordered a 2006 becasue there are no 2005 1+1 available in Blue/Silver. Yesterday, I traded the fat pig (Hayabusa) and got the F4.

Everybody in my family laughs at me becasue I brought four bikes in 16 months. They think I can not make up my mind. You guys know the truth. How can you resist a MV Agusta? Now i can't wait till I get the bike with the painted wheels.

By the way, Fast by Ferracci in Willow Grove, PA, USA is a good dealership. Vince the sales guy gave me a break on the new bike ($20,449). Overall, the dealership was very nice from day-1.

Sajan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 09:27 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Quote:
brought 2005 Hayabusa last year. After driving this one for 400 miles, I realized that it looks like a fat pig. It is a fast bike, but really fat looking.
so very true...

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 09:30 AM
MV Cellist

... Congrats and welcome! your busa statement was so funny that I forgot to say it.

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Odonata.

I am also inquiring about the licence plate mod. What are my options to get rid of the bid fender in the back.

Sajan
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
I am glad you traded in that Busa for an all around bike. i thought most people bought bikes to carve through turns and enjoy the thrill of coming up on a switchback and leaning out off the bike on a back road. Busa's are only good for going fast in a straight line!! Great choice and you will not be sorry you got an MV!

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 09:48 AM

welcome to MV life. your bike owning juggling is over. it sounds as if you never even rode an MV. i did the same thing. saw it and bought it. never even thought about test riding it. i also rode a hayabugly when it was released in 99'. yeah it was fast, but did nothing for my soul
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 09:54 AM
MV Cellist

Quote:
I am glad you traded in that Busa for an all around bike. i thought most people bought bikes to carve through turns and enjoy the thrill of coming up on a switchback and leaning out off the bike on a back road. Busa's are only good for going fast in a straight line!!
I am not totally disagreeing with you, although certainly not a 250 2 stroke race bike in handling but I have ridden a friend's Busa and the thing turns way better than it looks... I have also seen people do 2 up on the track and it looks like great fun. It does look like a fat pig with fairings though.

O D O N A T A

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

I will take back some of the bashing of Hayabusa. It's a nice bike.
I wanted to test ride MV, but the dealer did not have a demo. He had 4 bikes, which were being worked on. I figured, if the bike looks this good, the ride must be nice.
Can somebody share any info on licence plate mod?

Thanks
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
www.pirateslair.net look under F4 Products and you won't be able to miss it.

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 10:15 AM

Well, if you're concerned about looks, and wow factor, the MV is about the best thing out there.

Only rival, to my eye, is the 916 design Ducs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode