Movie: The Worlds Fastest Indian - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Movie: The Worlds Fastest Indian

Just got back from seeing the movie and I have to tell you, it's the best movie I've seen in a while. Do yourself a favor and go see it. God knows the motorcycle industry gets the short end of the stick at times when it comes to media coverage and movies being made. Go see it and tell them that we want more at the box office!

It's a limited release but you can go to this site and try to find out where it is playing in your area. The site didn't work for me, but we found it playing at a Landmark theatre.

http://www.worldsfastestindian.com/

I hope you enjoy it. I sure did.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to zoom2bemv
Yes I hear it is a Great Movie, however, he was the worlds fastest Indian.. but not two wheel land speed record holder.. that was by Rob Lepan, 67-70 the Triumph Gyronaut. Only know this because Bob is the gentleman I bought my MV from in Michigan, he now owns an MV/Ducati dealership in Michigan, TT Motorcycles. Will post some pics here of him when I get the disc back next week.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 03:25 AM
Established Member

An excerpt from IMDB.com --

Plot Summary for
The World's Fastest Indian (2005)

In `60s New Zealand, at the bottom of the world, Burt Munro takes a 1920 Indian motorcycle and, delightfully without resources other than his own obsession and a Kiwi #8 wire mentality, spends his retirement rebuilding the bike and following his dream to go to Speed Week at Salt Lake in Utah. Under funded, without the support of a team and against all the odds he not only makes it to Bonneville, he sets a national land speed record, not once, but again and again.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 06:19 AM

Thanks, I hadn't heard of this until now but I'll make sure to see it. Nice to hear that hollywood has made a decent motorcycle movie.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 02:02 AM

I received the book as a Christmas gift. It is a great read and the real passion and emotion around motorcycling really comes through. I will be on the look out for the movie as if it does the book justice it would be a beaut!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 11:31 AM

Yup, saw the movie a couple of weeks ago. The best performance (next to silence of the lamb) Anthony Hopkins has had. It could even be a family movie for all. It's just a beautiful movie about an eccentric under dog trying to live his passion that got on every one's nerve, but yet they all loved.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 11:59 AM

Watched it in NZ in Nov... reaaly enjoyed it, all the better watching in Berts homeland.... Recomended..... watch out for lemons imported from NZ!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode