Anti-Theft Alarm on your bike???? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 04:28 AM Thread Starter

Anti-Theft Alarm on your bike????

Hi all!!...this is my firt post!
I'm italian and in a few days i'm getting my brutale and i've seen that someone's mv agusta (on this forum) has been stolen...it seems that these bikes are very desidered from burglars...
I just wanted to know if any of you have an alarm,maybe the official mv-agusta one..i was thinking about using a satellite alarm, what do you think?? would it be too much? do u think it is possible? any experience?

Thanks and ciao a tutti!
sorry for my english...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 05:22 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
Hi all!!...this is my firt post!
I'm italian and in a few days i'm getting my brutale and i've seen that someone's mv agusta (on this forum) has been stolen...it seems that these bikes are very desidered from burglars...
I just wanted to know if any of you have an alarm,maybe the official mv-agusta one..i was thinking about using a satellite alarm, what do you think?? would it be too much? do u think it is possible? any experience?

Thanks and ciao a tutti!
sorry for my english...
ciao!!!
benvenuto in questo spettacolare Forum!!!Qui potrai trovere tutto quello che cerchi a proposito di queste fantastiche moto!
Ho sempre avuto gli antifurti Mv originali sia nella mia ex GLADIO che nella mia nuovissima STARFIGHTER.Sono veramente efficaci!!!
Contattami pure se hai bisogno..
Pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2007, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

ciao!!!..ho visto un interessante antifurto satellitare, perchè cavolo quello originale è composto solo da una sirena che sinceramente serve a poco se uno ti vuole rubare la moto!!!in più costa circa 450 euro che non sono proprio pochi!!
posto il link di quello che avevo visto che sembrava interessante..dammi qualche parere caso mai!!

link 1

link 2
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash
ciao!!!..ho visto un interessante antifurto satellitare, perchè cavolo quello originale è composto solo da una sirena che sinceramente serve a poco se uno ti vuole rubare la moto!!!in più costa circa 450 euro che non sono proprio pochi!!
posto il link di quello che avevo visto che sembrava interessante..dammi qualche parere caso mai!!

link 1

link 2
Ciao e benvenuto! Secondo me se vuoi mettere l'allarme metti l'originale solo per una questione di cablaggio e garanzia; come allarme è buono, è molto sensibile, ha attivazione automatica, antisollevamento e antispostamento come quello di cui hai dato il link e la sirena è davvero molto forte.
Continuo in inglese perchè non è educato verso gli altri membri del forum
I think that the only effective thing is a good assurance. If a thief decides he really wants your bike he gets it and there's anything that really works to avoid it (well maybe a couple of navy seals chained 24/7 to your handlebar).
I have an alarm on all my 5 bikes but don't think that any satellite locator will be so effective unless you can find your bike within first hour after theft. Any bike is small, and brutale is very compact, places to put the device are very limited and any expert thief will find in five minutes, detach or disable it and move your bike away. You can do something just if you are nearby and hear your alarm, maybe, but if you are just too far to hear it and the thief knows how-to and really likes your bike, consider it gone.
IMHO any alarm is effective against "occasional" thieves and for those any kind of good alarm is as good as the others.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 05:38 PM

it takes about 3 seconds to open up the seat without the key and takes about another 5 seconds to disable any alarm that is located where the ECU or tool location.

Unless you mount the alarm module in the airbox or just under the battery I don't know where you can put an alarm on the MV?

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime
it takes about 3 seconds to open up the seat without the key and takes about another 5 seconds to disable any alarm that is located where the ECU or tool location.

Unless you mount the alarm module in the airbox or just under the battery I don't know where you can put an alarm on the MV?
The Datatoll one fits on top of the alternator and rear of the cylinders water pipe........

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

i'm very happy that someone has answered!!!
When the thief tries to get your bike the alarm immediately send an advice to the user and to the central that will call the police (infact you have to pay more or less 200 euro every year for the "subscription")..also if there isn't any sound alarm the thief thinks everything is ok when really the police has already been called!!!
right?? don't u think it in this way too??

bye bye crash
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 06:51 AM

Send a message via MSN to allias86 Send a message via Yahoo to allias86 Send a message via Skype™ to allias86
in romania motorcycles are beggining to be a very desirable thing to be stolen.before people would usually try to steal a bike just for a joy ride,they we re usually drunk and if they succeded you could usually find the bike and it s dead "thief" planted in a tree somewhere. people are using gps alarm sistems ,and it works unless they re proffesionals or very loud classic alarms which scares away occasional thiefs,but the most effective is to chain your bike up with a granite chain or something of that kind.it s around 150 euro s but it s worth it because it s usually harder to crack even using things like a freon spray.you should have a garage for it to keep it during the night.some people park theirs in front of banks or in gas station parking lots.the thing is that it s easy to steal a bike using a 3 man crew and a van.and because the eu is such a large place and you can go and sell that bike almost anywhere in europe .anyway i see that you live in padua and i think it is a more peacefull place than milan or rome.i have a friend in riccione(it s smaller than padua but kind of the same enviroment) and she forgot her scooter(which are the easiest targets becuase they are so easy to sell) with her key in the ignition for 2 days .and they didn t steal it.but i think it was just pure luck
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

yes...i know riccione..my town is small but i'm afraid anyway..i've heard a friend that has said that the original agusta alarm is very effective but for the moment i don't know really which alarm i'm going to install...i'll let u know!!!thx very much!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 03:37 PM

Lo Jack!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode