Selling F4.. Need Pricing Advice - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Selling F4.. Need Pricing Advice

My Brethren... Need some advice.. What better place to turn...?

Iíve decided to sell my pristine 2003 MV F4S... Iíve checked around, including Cycletrader.com, NADA, Ebay, etc... various on-line sites and can not come up with an idea what I should ask for it.. Depending on who you talk to, MV made fewer 03's than any other year due to the full production schedule of the Brutales.. Have heard every figure from 30 to 300.. so in theory.. it should be a keeper. Plus it has the Evo engine with substantial upgrades and horsepower from previous years...I paid $21K for it ..The engine is essentially stock except for a Power Commander.

My questions... Can anyone suggest a selling price? Is $14,950 fair?
As soon as I can get a consensus Iíll post in the classifieds section... The ad will include the following...

2003 MV AGUSTA F4 S 750, Classic Red/Silver, mint condition, solo seat version, Ferrachi risers, always serviced by MV dealer, all records available, Evo engine, 132hp, wired for Valentine/Passport detector, Never seen rain, No scratches, Never dropped. Will deliver up to 300 miles from Asheville, NC, only 6100 miles, Engine, drivetrain, exhaust is all stock. Pictures available upon e-mail request.

Accessories:
Hyper-Lite/Fender elimination kit (by Pirates Lair)
Power Commander
Throttlemeister
Custom Red/Silver Casoli fender (Not shown in pic)
Dark Tinted Windshield
2 aftermarket sprockets with quick-change FBF carrier
Billet Reservoir Covers
3M Headlight Cover
All stock parts included
New Pirelli Corsaís Front and Rear

Thx guys...Any advice would be appreciated..

Jerry D. Finley ("Danger" is my middle name)
Captain / Pirates' Lair Motorcycle Accessories

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
In my opinion, it probably is a bit up there. 2005 F4 1kS is not much more, and the SPR has been at 14100 to 16k. I believe rramsey sold his (2002?) F4 for 12? recently.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 07:22 PM

I think someone would be happy to pick up a 2003 F4 in mint condition for $13,500...maybe a bit more since it's mint with accessories.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5675
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Established Member

I agree with Admin...I almost bought an '03 1+1 with 2500 miles on it 2 months ago for $12,500. It had a FBF carbon slip-on but was otherwise stock. The bike was 2,000 miles away so I can't speak for what the condition was for sure but he described it as being very well taken care of.

Either way - good luck with the sale...beautiful bike.

Brian
San Antonio, TX, USA
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Wink

I know you hanker after a SPR Alvin, but I would suggest you make Jerry an offer he can't refuse. Looks like a nice bike to me. Riding it back to the West coast would be fun too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thx for the advice!!

Thx guys!! Guess I should drop the price a bit.. perhaps $14K and see what happens..I'm in no rush to selll it.. Spring is right around the corner.

I also have an 06 Ducati ST3 with only 1600 miles that I'm gonna sell when the weather makes a turn for the better..

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 11:41 AM

may the curious ask.. why the sale?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_one
To pay for repairs to the 'Queen Annes Revenge'
Attached Images

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

My wife and I are planning some serious (read: exotic) traveling this year (after ZERO vacations last year) which will require some serious dubloons.. As I have multiple bikes and little time to ride ANY of them.. I'm selling the 2 I ride the least.. the MV and the Ducati... Yes.. I'll probably miss the MV, but since I bought my K1200S.. I rarely throw a leg over the Italian beauty. Selling it wouldn't be my first mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_one

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 09:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to blavenia
Pirate:

Friend of DYLJim here. Drop me a line if you're looking for a Track bike. Also, do you have a title for the MV, or was it financed? $14K seems like a lot for a 2003 with that mileage. I just paid $17,300 for a brand new 2005 1000 S 1+1. Your bike does look to be in excellent condition and well cared for. Good luck with the sale.

Brian

2005 MV Agusta Brutale S
05 MV F4 1000 S 1+1 (SOLD)

2007 Yamaha FZ1
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Wifey's)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode