F3 Went Down - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

F3 Went Down

My beautiful f3 went down today the damages wasn't too bad but now I need to replace a few parts and upgrade some parts. My dealer told to me order parts take a while anyone experienced this? My next question is would any of the parts I am ordering worth the money or the upgrade?

1. Ohlins full suspension
2. Marchesini Magnesium Wheels (dealer is trying to see if they are available for F3)
3. Brembo brake mono bloc and master cylinder
4. Carbon Fiber body parts (replace plastic parts)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2013 F3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 10:49 PM

Talking

Oh crap, were you on the bike riding? If you were, hope you weren't hurt. A little damage can be a great excuse for some upgrades

I think the biggest bang for buck from that list would be the OHLINS.

While the brakes and wheels are always a nice upgrade, you probably wouldn't feel the real advantages over stock ones until you rode well and truly over street legal speeds, like on a track.

Carbon always looks nice.

But hey, I'm all for personalising your bike how you want it. Your bike, your hard earned money, buy what you like

Just my humble opinion

Hope your back on the road sooner than later
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 01:21 AM

Sorry to hear, hope the rebuild goes smoothly

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 01:10 AM

New Site Garage
Sorry to hear about you going down mate, hope you are okay.

Yes you will have to wait for some of the parts, or you can order it yourself via one of the forum sponsors.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

The suspension upgrade is well worth doing, and there's a lot of options out there for the F3, not just Ohlins, so shop around a bit first. Bi-Tubo, Nitron and a few other have great options out there.
http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agusta_F3_Suspension
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55878

As far as the brakes go, monoblocks are a good option, but there's nothing wrong with the standard M/C on the F3, for road use in any case.

Carbon is all your choice like Rob said.

Good luck, hope you get sorted quickly.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 02:05 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Hate reading posts like this,hope you are OK mate.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Thank everyone for the good advice and I am ok 😃

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2013 F3
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 07:02 AM

Follow Donsy's advise. Glad to hear you weren't hurt.

Ride fast and furious but live to ride another day!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 10:05 AM

All of those parts will help the performance of the bike. The bonus is they very well may be cheaper than buying new oem parts. Suspension and wheels you will notice a definite difference, while calipers will be more of a subjective thing unless you really push your bike a lot. Regular cast/oem monoblocks probably not going to be very noticable, if at all. On the other hand if you spring for something in the Brembo performance/race line(i.e. super spendy) then that will certainly be an upgrade one will notice. Also, upgrading the stock master cylinder is a good idea. Brembo is most folks first choice, but there are some good alternatives out there as well. You'll want to research the difference in sizes of pumps so you can determine which would be the best fit for your style of riding. The carbon may save a few pounds but not much else other than looking really nice and different that a stock bike. If the panels are out there they may end up being cheaper than oem stuff through the dealer so might not be a bad idea.
No matter what you decide to get it will always be more expensive to go though the local dealer. Most parts you are looking for can be found on here and i think there are some nice parts currently on ebay too.

Last edited by varium; 08-07-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode