post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Exclamation New MV Executive Vice - President appointed

MV appoints Girelli.

Attached Images

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 08:19 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
An IPO huh? This will mark the 4th time the Castiglionis have been bailed out or third?
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Wink

It looks like the passion for the MV brand is weaker than the passion for the MV Euro.. Maybe MV is heading in the direction that Ducati took some years ago and will no longer be a niche motorcycle brand in the market place..

Time will tell

I’m beginning to think this word “Passion” actually has two meanings..

The first meaning : intense or overpowering emotion ( Rob !) for something or someone and the second meaning : a pretence of loving something with great emotion when in actual fact the only emotion is how much financial benefit can be gained from that thing.

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JDS; 08-04-2013 at 02:21 AM.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 03:25 AM
Established Member

All of you mocked me when i said that are taking the exclusivity out of the company ..... and that Mv will just be a brand name ...... its a shame what company can we look to for that dream bike rarity that seems to be something of the past? Bimota? Is that it?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 03:44 AM

You guys are way overthinking this

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT

Last edited by Donsy; 11-22-2013 at 03:08 AM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2013, 03:59 AM
MRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by taper41 View Post
All of you mocked me when i said that are taking the exclusivity out of the company ..... and that Mv will just be a brand name ...... its a shame what company can we look to for that dream bike rarity that seems to be something of the past? Bimota? Is that it?
There's a chance you may be able to buy into the company.....
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-05-2013, 03:23 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post

It looks like the passion for the MV brand is weaker than the passion for the MV Euro.. Maybe MV is heading in the direction that Ducati took some years ago and will no longer be a niche motorcycle brand in the market place..

Time will tell

I’m beginning to think this word “Passion” actually has two meanings..

The first meaning : intense or overpowering emotion ( Rob !) for something or someone and the second meaning : a pretence of loving something with great emotion when in actual fact the only emotion is how much financial benefit can be gained from that thing.

Thanks Johhny, nice of you to use me as a yardstick to quantify a meaning

This doesn't surprise me, when I spoke with Giovanni in 2010 he gave me the impression that financial stability and sustainability would be paramount in the future of MV under his stewardship.

Sad in a way but a reality in this world, it is get yourself into that position or perish. There is no more room for artisan motorcycle builders, certainly not as a global business concern.

I guess I have a few years to make peace with it and rationlise it as imperative to future existence whilst not ideal better than the years between 1976 and 1999.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 01:34 AM

Bizarre that he also seems to have been appointed to the board. As an EVP, he is what is called 'management'. Management runs the day to day business (usually not farther than 18 months out). The Board is focused on long term strategy (1 to 5 years out). He seems to be appointed to both ? Not a good example of corporate governance.
And then the other thing...Italian banking background ? I hope they did a good background check.

Yves
Fort Worth, TX
Bend, OR

2010 Ducati 1198R Corse LE
2008 MV F4 312R (RG3, X-Bikes ECU,...)
2005 Ducati 999S
2004 Ducati 998S Final Edition
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 02:47 AM Thread Starter
JDS
King of Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Thanks Johhny, nice of you to use me as a yardstick to quantify a meaning

This doesn't surprise me, when I spoke with Giovanni in 2010 he gave me the impression that financial stability and sustainability would be paramount in the future of MV under his stewardship.

Sad in a way but a reality in this world, it is get yourself into that position or perish. There is no more room for artisan motorcycle builders, certainly not as a global business concern.

I guess I have a few years to make peace with it and rationlise it as imperative to future existence whilst not ideal better than the years between 1976 and 1999.
I hear where you're coming from Rob and agree.. The one thing MV needs to concentrate on before any future plans for expansion, is their parts supply infrastructure and to make sure it’s robust enough to cope with the new set up of world wide dealers ordering direct from a distribution centre..

If that isn’t adequately funded and properly organised, then caca will hit the fan. New owners to the brand won’t put up with their bikes off the road for months waiting on parts..

If MV is to grow the business, it needs to attract a new generation of owners away from other brands (Triumph, Honda, Yamaha, KTM ). Those potentially new MV owners expect a certain level of service and won’t accept anything less than what they were getting from previous brands..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yves View Post
Bizarre that he also seems to have been appointed to the board. As an EVP, he is what is called 'management'. Management runs the day to day business (usually not farther than 18 months out). The Board is focused on long term strategy (1 to 5 years out). He seems to be appointed to both ? Not a good example of corporate governance.
And then the other thing...Italian banking background ? I hope they did a good background check.

I suppose it could be worse.. He could have previously been Berlusconi’s PR adviser.. I’m sure that wouldn’t look good on his résumé

EMAIL :
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by taper41 View Post
I tend to agree with you on this. I see MV going mass market and it makes me a bit sad.

The reality is the world has changed and the market no longer supports expensive low production special machines anymore. For the time being everyone is pumping out machines built around a price tag so compared to the rest of all of those bikes the MV's will still be able to retain a bit of that special appeal for many years to come. The reality here is most people don't notice the differences between old and new. They just marvel at the performance numbers.

None of this changes the previous bikes which still exist and are quite wonderful. While everyone else is distracted buying the latest and greatest the previous models still have all their charm and magic in tact and become available at a much lower price. If you think about it in the big picture it's a win win situation. People get bikes they love at a lower price both new and old.

Personally I would love to see MV's become more common. It might make my F4 as invisible in a crowd of bikes as my good friend's Ducati is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode