LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

F3 800 vs GSX-R750 vs Ducati 848 Evo

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...677#post625677
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 02:24 PM

Why would the testers be surprised that the Suzuki is the most refined of the three bikes? It's been around in roughly the same configuration for many years, enough to get the bugs out.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 02:35 PM

New Site Garage
I've not read it yet but have they by any chance said the word "refined" about 100 times? and did they by any chance end it with "if it were my money I'd but a Triumph Daytona 675R"

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

For once I don't think a truimph was mentioned but i haven't yet read the article fully.

That was my sentiments as well rz33v4. Both the 848 and the GSXR have been around years, certainly long enough to refine(yes, Ackers i did use that word) them. The paint has barely had chance the dry on the F3.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 06:13 AM

I still think, for the long-term health of the MV brand, they need to slow down the new model intros long enough to develop each of them more thoroughly. Today's marketplace doesn't permit half-finished products, particularly those in the luxury category, like motorcycles. You'd think MV would have learned from Ducati's evolution over the years.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 07:20 AM

So the test riders think the d3 is not refined - who cares
To borrow a phase
It's an MV if they didn't get it, it's not worth explaining it

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 07:50 AM

Trouble is, ACT, most buyers do pay attention to what the media says about products, including MVs. If, as a company, you choose to ignore the media opinion, you risk any possibility of volume sales. Ducati did that in years past, but in the last 10 years started listening to what their buyers wanted (witness wet clutches and 15,000-mile valve check intervals) and their sales have grown tremendously.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 11:46 AM
hes

Some people pay attention, not everyone.

I own a Brutale, F4S, CC and now an F3. Before buying each one of them I knew there were issues. I did not care then, I do not care now.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 12:42 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rz33v4 View Post
Trouble is, ACT, most buyers do pay attention to what the media says about products
If that was the case then wouldn't we all be on the Fireblade owners club forum then instead of on here?

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Established Member

no bugs no soul in the bike... You cant have a character in the bike if it does not have its special moments on the road. And sorry to say i never found that feeling with the GSXR 600s or 750s or 1000s. and i have ridden most of the models from the turn of 2000's up to the new models. Its like ridding a s1000rr ... its fast and great but it does not have that spirit. Ducati has the spirit just not a really comfortable bike to sit on... except the new panigale. Well the tank that is ... i dont really like how the rear shock sticks out on the side.

2013 F3 675
2013 F3 675 track
2014 Aprilia RSV4

Wife / Girlfriend: Hunny I would like to spend all day in bed this sunny Saturday with you!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode