What Vintage MV's are these in Rome? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

What Vintage MV's are these in Rome?

I thought some of you might enjoy this short photo travelog from my trip to Rome last month. This was our second visit to Italy and this one to celebrate our 20th anniversary. While my wife was constantly exploring, I was on the prowl for any Motorcycle shop we might pass by. And we passed through loads. But this "club shop" was amongst my favorite.

We were just off Cardiac near Piazza Narvaro when I spotted this mint Honda CB sitting unlocked.

That's my wife behind the CB. We started to prowl around the heavy wooded doors to see if we could find the owner, and pushed open a cracked door to find this:

Motorcycle Gold! I shouted Bouna Sera? And was pleasantly surprised to hear a reply "Venire". Entering into the shop we saw this Motorcycle Club Banner:
We spoke with the shop owner a short while and he invited us to have a look around. I gravitated immediately towards the Moto Guzzi's having owned a number of them, and just recently haven sold my Red Norge. Yes, this is goofy me holding the Guzzi and ignoring the MV's. (For the moment).

I oogled over the Guzzi's - especially the rare two up handle bar version. But the MV's really started capturing my attention. I had no real idea what year models these MV's were at the time, but they just struck us beautiful art.

They struck my wife and I with such an impression that we came home looking for a vintage MV to purchase for ourselves. That's when I found this forum, and posted my WTB on the for sale side.

I'm happy to say that on July 20th of this month we'll be taking ownership of a 1976 350S offered to us by a member here on the boards and we are extremely excited. I'll post photo's once I get her home!
Murphy

Last edited by MurphyPeoples; 07-12-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 07:42 AM

Congratulations Murphy.

And yes, please do post some nice photo´s of her.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Established Member

Don't you love the exposed "bacon slicer" flywheels on the old Guzzi's?
I lived in Rome from 1970 - 1975 (my high school years). I rode a Moto Morini Coasarino Zeta Zeta (Little Pirate ZZ) my first bike, a 50 cc four stroke I bought from a friend who cracked his skull riding a borrowed Vespa (his first ride without a helmet - cracked his nut from ear-to-ear, damn near killed him).
I would say those are late 50's to 60's vintage machines - pretty much all thumpers back then. One thing about unlocked anything in Rome - it won't be there for long! I doubt that's changed much. Had my car stolen once while riding the roller coaster at the local Luna Park in EUR once. Those were fun years for sure!
Welcome to the world of MV Murphy.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Big Randaddy

Nice post.....welcome to the forum.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 01:44 PM

Looking at bikes while on holiday in Rome with the missus. Oh dear...

Murph, classic MVs are lovely.

If you don't have a book about the brand yet, check this out:

http://www.mvagusta.it/en/heritage/moto-da-strada

Interesting stuff, isn't it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode