Track - http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/1641...hootout-X.aspx

Street - http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/1648...-X-Street.aspx

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Established Member

The review just published, but I wonder when they actually rode the F3 in this test? From what I understand from forum owners it's much improved form it's earlier launch issues but this review still talks about it from those early days. So has it improved or not?
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 09:06 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Open letter to suryad:
Please bring that RSV4 to the BubbaLeecious 5 track day and have the balls to ride in the advanced group.
Why?
Because it ain't what you ride it's the way you ride it.
Fact.

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_castle View Post
Open letter to suryad:
Please bring that RSV4 to the BubbaLeecious 5 track day and have the balls to ride in the advanced group.
Why?
Fact.
Open reply to The_castle : agreed about your sentiment. Will try to make it to Bubbalicious. Planning on tracking in august at road Atlanta. Dunno about advanced cause I don't know the tracks here. But with all due respect what does that have to do with some links I shared with the community? Nothing actually. Just sharing what I found. So please get off your high horse and don't talk about my balls.

2007 Senna #148/300
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
The review just published, but I wonder when they actually rode the F3 in this test? From what I understand from forum owners it's much improved form it's earlier launch issues but this review still talks about it from those early days. So has it improved or not?
I think the review is quite harsh on the MV but if you read the section about the bike they really liked it. So I say wtf how could it do so poorly if they liked it so much?

2007 Senna #148/300
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 10:41 PM

My horse is not that high.

But if you want to make comments like this...

"This thread has gotten really interesting. I try to take the middle man's approach. I like MV but I am not blinded by it's obvious flaws when compared to other brands. Gonna have to side with monsieur Chase on this one. I think he is more open to MV criticisms and accepting of MV praise than most of the folks on this forum. I believe no one means to attack anyone personally because everyone here is a gentleman, but some times being passionate over the internet on a forum can be misconstrued...something gets lost in translation I suppose. My 2 cents." (from here: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...305#post617305 )

...in threads then don't be surprised when someone calls you out.

In addition to that you do post up a pile of links to tests of bikes.
For example:
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54151
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54151
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53212
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53211
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52964
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47915

What I'm suggesting is, with your comments regarding MV Agusta being inferior brand to the RSV4, come to the BubbaLeecious and show us how it's done.
Or acknowledge that it ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it and you're likely to be slower on a track - where these bikes are designed to be ridden - than several MV riding attendees of the track day.
Sound about right?

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-03-2013, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Yep I do post a pile of links because I find reviews fascinating and the MV forum members also have good discussions and I learn a lot from that. If owners come out and say oh that's bogus in the review because I don't experience that...that kind of data is important to me because I want another MV in my garage. Inferior thought it might be the marque will have a special place in my heart :-).

As for going to the track and showing people up haha I don't hold myself that high. I can hold my own when I know the layout but no way will I be hauling ass right away. I do know that I am quicker on the ape than I am on the MV and that's a fact. I do know I am more confident on the ape. Friends who have ridden my bikes also echo the same sentiments. It is not unreasonable either to see a lot of people rave about other brands than MV and come to the conclusion that MV is a bit rough around the edges.

I think it is perfectly OK to call me out but please don't pollute this thread with any personal issues you may have with me. I couldn't care less about that but I do care about owners of the F3 sharing their agreement/disagreement on this thread. And if Admin feels this thread is inappropriate he can close it.

2007 Senna #148/300

Last edited by suryad; 07-03-2013 at 11:04 PM.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 01:34 AM

LOL! So your grand plan is to win a trackday? I didn't know it takes balls to ride in the advanced group. Are you guys not courteous at the track or something?

Grid up. This shit at a trackday is a recipe for disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_castle View Post
Open letter to suryad:
Why?
Fact.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 03:22 AM

Your interpretation of what I said is incorrect.

Here is exactly what I said:
What I'm suggesting is, with your comments regarding MV Agusta being inferior brand to the RSV4, come to the BubbaLeecious and show us how it's done.
Or acknowledge that it ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it and you're likely to be slower on a track - where these bikes are designed to be ridden - than several MV riding attendees of the track day."

Not necessarily me. Several others that may or may not include me.

The Bubba track days are courteous events.
There have been three. I have attended them all.
You are welcome too.

post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-04-2013, 04:39 AM

New Site Garage
I think I said it all over on the 675 vs F3 thread

It does make me laugh. A few years back "refined" used to mean it was very good at what it was designed to do but was boring and characterless in its execution (Honda) and despite any failings they would pick the one that stirs the soul any day.
Reading their thoughts on the MV you'd think that yearning was still the same today but it seems they think with their heads now instead of their hearts?

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode