LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

F3 vs Triumph 675

Name:  1372619490345.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  27.6 KB
http://www.mv-agusta.es/foro/viewtop...p=18095#p18095
www.mv-agusta.es using motorcycle app.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 02:28 AM

New Site Garage
It does make me laugh. A few years back when triumph and Ducati were smaller companies and their bikes weren't so refined the journalists (especially British ones, MCN?) used to say that the Jap bikes were so refined, so perfect and well behaved that they lacked any character, passion or soul, so while they may have been the better bike they would forgive the failings of the underdog and choose it over the competition. And yet now that the likes of Triumph are now in the same boat as the Jap bikes they have changed their tune and now criticise the MV for the very same things they used to love bikes for?

Maybe it's because their all knocking on a bit now, as they try to squeeze their middle age spread into their old leathers and without admitting it, the appeal of a BMW GS is getting ever greater
This review springs to mind:
http://youtu.be/mB7mZkEEJgQ

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 06:03 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackers View Post
It does make me laugh. A few years back when triumph and Ducati were smaller companies and their bikes weren't so refined the journalists (especially British ones, MCN?) used to say that the Jap bikes were so refined, so perfect and well behaved that they lacked any character, passion or soul, so while they may have been the better bike they would forgive the failings of the underdog and choose it over the competition. And yet now that the likes of Triumph are now in the same boat as the Jap bikes they have changed their tune and now criticise the MV for the very same things they used to love bikes for?

Maybe it's because their all knocking on a bit now, as they try to squeeze their middle age spread into their old leathers and without admitting it, the appeal of a BMW GS is getting ever greater
This review springs to mind:
http://youtu.be/mB7mZkEEJgQ
Great post and a perfect vid to illustrate your point. Enjoyed reading and watching the vid. How many times can you use the word "refined" in a 5 min clip??? lol - describes the F3 as akin to an angry beast - like that's a BAD thing They cry out for a balls out mid range sports bike & then when given one, whinge when you have actually 'ride the thing' and refer to it as 'race bike' again like it's a bad thing

[email protected] at GS - too true. You know the Italians LOVE them, I was there last year & all the relos In Florence are trying to coax me into hiring a GS for our weekend ride to Perugia. Apart from being a die hard MV man , I have a soft spot for Triumph so scored a Bonnie for the weekend, a far cry from what I wanted but I'll be damned is I am ever caught on a GS But as usual I digress....

I rode a Daytona 675 in the US at Bubbalicious III which was kindly loaned to me & I did some 300miles on it - fabulous little bike, no question, no complaints but you almost can't compare it the F3 - the fact they are both 675cc triples is where the similarity ends.

The only yardstick I ever use on deciding on a bike is - does it give me a hard on? Yes = Buy & NO = Pass . No magazine or review will ever dissuade me from that selection process.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 08:19 AM

I was waiting for an Italian triple after I saw the Cube riding at the gp's, I 'm very happy now, the mecanical genious is italian, others always copy.
I saw a Benelli tre 900cc in a box, the crisis did the rest (before the were became chinese).

If you are confortable with your bike, you are not fast enough ! John Kocinski
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 08:59 AM

To be fair I think the review was done when F3s had a few problems and they were not sorted out yet.

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 09:50 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
The only yardstick I ever use on deciding on a bike is - does it give me a hard on? Yes = Buy & NO = Pass . No magazine or review will ever dissuade me from that selection process.
The yardstick I go by is when I park it and walk away if I turn and look back at it, then I know I bought the right one

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryad View Post
To be fair I think the review was done when F3s had a few problems and they were not sorted out yet.
Same case as the Triumphs and Ducati's of old and yet back then they chose them over their "refined" rivals?

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Established Member

The video was posted way back in Aug 2012, it would be really interesting if they ran the same test again. I'd like to think the F3 would fair MUCH better. When you park your F3 up, you would walk away, turned around and walk back not wanting to leave such a beauty alone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode