post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 05:22 PM
JSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchase View Post
They have got that wrong........................: wtf: that is not Bordi in the picture its Rodger Waters from Pink Floyd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSM View Post
They have got that wrong........................: wtf: that is not Bordi in the picture its Rodger Waters from Pink Floyd
LOL
post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 06:14 PM

Did anyone read the comment left at the end of the article about the Triumph?

"When the people fear their government there is tyranny,when the government fears the people there is liberty. My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government"--Thomas Jefferson
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 03:25 PM

Jensen Beeler at Asphalt & Rubber is very anti MV. He always has a negative underlying tone in his articles with anything related to MV.

I do like A&R though, I just skip all of his MV articles.
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTsalas View Post
Jensen Beeler at Asphalt & Rubber is very anti MV. He always has a negative underlying tone in his articles with anything related to MV.

I do like A&R though, I just skip all of his MV articles.
I guess it's perspective. I don't really get an anti MV slant at all. I think a lot of MV fans get annoyed when someone is critical of MV. If you think about it in the long run MV could really use some criticism right now so they can fix some problems.

Then again I don't care much about MV as a company. I just love the bikes themselves. They could fold tomorrow and it would not matter to me at all. What's been done has been done and their legendary bikes will survive regardless if the company that was once great enough to create them exists or not.
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 06:13 PM

Another article stating that MV is going to go IPO.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...dy-future-ipo/

2013 MV Agusta F3 Red/Silver (Sonya)
2013 MV Agusta F3 Black Track/Race Only (Trinity)
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporMV View Post
Another article stating that MV is going to go IPO.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...dy-future-ipo/
Oh god. More Chinese parts here we come. If they were not making money at the current price point they are going to have to do "something" to prop up those margins to give the stockholders the growth they want. :/
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 07:30 PM

Yea, something is not adding up. The sales numbers that MV are quoting appear to be just Italy but they always forget to add that part. They originally said they sold 7500 bikes last year but I recall reading just recently the number was closer to 6000 (I will try to find it) and that would put them on pace to maybe hit 7500 this year. It seems that all the bad press about the bikes RBW issues has put a dent in sales. Bordi leaving may be the writing on the wall that MV isn't quite as healthy as they are leading on. Giovanni stated a couple of months back that the 800 was a good ways out but yet here it is. Maybe they pushed it out early to try to grab more sales to make things prettier for investors.

2013 MV Agusta F3 Red/Silver (Sonya)
2013 MV Agusta F3 Black Track/Race Only (Trinity)
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 08:16 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchase View Post
I guess it's perspective. I don't really get an anti MV slant at all. I think a lot of MV fans get annoyed when someone is critical of MV. If you think about it in the long run MV could really use some criticism right now so they can fix some problems.

Then again I don't care much about MV as a company. I just love the bikes themselves. They could fold tomorrow and it would not matter to me at all. What's been done has been done and their legendary bikes will survive regardless if the company that was once great enough to create them exists or not.
Who gets annoyed when MV is criticised?

Are we talking about this forum (and very tiny almost non existant minority)?

This forum has slipped downhill remarkably in the last 15 or so months - it is the epicentre of negativity and criticism is rife in more threads than not. A case in point is the '2013 RR owners' thread - some guy (1st post, has no credibility or standing & never returns) puts up some half arsed saracstic thread without fact only rhetoric and eveyone jumps on board to smash the 2013 RR - funnily enough there's not a single RR owner in that thread nor anyone that's even ridden one (from what I can see) but we are big on keyboard experts. This is typical of the general feel that this forum now has.

Yes it comes through clear from many of your posts that you don't care about the company, this is not a direct shot at you directly (rchase) but symptomatic of the new breed 'MV brigade' who think the MV Agusta company commenced with Massimo Tamburini creating the F4 in 1999 for Claudio Castiglioni.

Most of the criticisms on here isn't worth squat and frankly are merely gripes, I don't see any of the those offering their (free) expert advice being head hunted into major motorcycling production teams. In fact, those of you familiar with the 'Simpsons' TV cartoon show, would recall the eposide where Homer Simpson's long lost half brother (Danny DeVito) who owns a car company hands over the design of new model to his bother as he wants a model that means something to the man on the street - of course Homer designs a monstrosity aptly named the "Homer" and bankrupts the company - I can't help but think given the opportunity on this forum, real life would mirror art.

Luckily (for me at least) the enjoyment of my MVs & my love of the company both old & new is not directly affected by internet sentiment nor by magazines. I had the absolute pleasure of spending of 2 hours with the charming & highly intelligent Mr Giovanni Castiglioni in the factory in November 2010 - he kindly shared his vision with me, much of his vision is now coming to fruition albeit with a few bumps in the road.

There's something to be said for having your own mind and being a true believer. Of course, this is impossible to try and explain to someone or sway them - you either get it or you don't & never will.

Yes I am frustrated at the general attitude and decline in standards of this forum. It was a once great forum that others could only hope to aspire to but that's changed, irreversibly I would think.

A few of us, not many, do actually care.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode