New MV Owner from Oklahoma - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

New MV Owner from Oklahoma

Hi guys and gals. Excuse me if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I couldn't see a post for introductions? Anyway.....Moving on! I've just bought a 2005 MV 1000 F4 which I mainly plan to use for spirited rides out by myself on route 66, or on the occasional track day (my main road bike is a 2011 BMW K1300S which we use for our two up riding). I look forward to joining in with this community and picking peoples brains for their knowledge. I owned a 2002 MV 750 F4 10 years ago, but other than ride it, and doing routime maintenance, I never did much to it other than cosmetics.

Last edited by Thehighlander; 06-21-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 09:50 AM
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehighlander View Post
Hi guys and gals. Excuse me if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I couldn't see a post for introductions? Anyway.....Moving on! I've just bought a 2005 MV 1000 F4 which I mainly plan to use for spirited rides out by myself on route 66, or on the occasional track day (my main road bike is a 2011 BMW K1300S which we use for our two up riding). I look forward to joining in with this community and picking peoples brains for their knowledge. I owned a 2002 MV 750 F4 10 years ago, but other than ride it, and doing routime maintenance, I never did much to it other than cosmetics.
As a lifetime Tulsan/Oklahoman before moving to the Corn Desert, I welcome you.

There aren't many MVs in the Sooner state. A few came from Bauer in the OKC metro area. One Tulsan had a white/black '07 F4R, but moved out of state. You'll have exclusivity, for sure.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 09:53 AM

Welcome
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome. I was at Hallet Raceway a few weekend back where my son was tracking his R6, while there, I watched a guy tracking his MV 1000 which brought back fond memories of my old 750 F4 of years past (10 years ago), so the hunt was on to get my hands on another one. I'll put the MV round Hallet at the next track day on the 6th of July, I'll be looking forward to whipping my sons butt .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYD OPN View Post
As a lifetime Tulsan/Oklahoman before moving to the Corn Desert, I welcome you.

There aren't many MVs in the Sooner state. A few came from Bauer in the OKC metro area. One Tulsan had a white/black '07 F4R, but moved out of state. You'll have exclusivity, for sure.

Last edited by Thehighlander; 06-21-2013 at 10:03 AM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome. I was at Hallet Raceway a few weekend back where my son was tracking his R6, while there, I watched a guy tracking his MV 1000 which brought back fond memories of my old 750 F4 of years past (10 years ago), so the hunt was on to get my hands on another one. I'll put the MV round Hallet at the next track day on the 6th of July, I'll be looking forward to whipping my sons butt .
Hallett's a hoot, but 1000s are almost useless there. I heard they've resurfaced since I moved 8 years ago. Confirm?

Used Gen1s are very reasonable money, and often low mileage with good maintenance.

Enjoy. This is a great forum, even though I'm not online much here. The Mod staff are the long-timers. You'll love this site.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Well, if they have had it resurfaced, it could be doing with being resurfaced again. The track is a little rough, but still a fun place to spend time.

Quote:
Hallett's a hoot, but 1000s are almost useless there. I heard they've resurfaced
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Experimenting! I've added a picture of my Old 750 F4 along with the F4 1000 I just bought. Keeping my fingers crossed these pics upload!
Attached Images

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Experimenting! I've added a picture of my Old 750 F4 along with the F4 1000 I just bought. Keeping my fingers crossed these pics upload!
Me likey Senna-style red-star wheels on your oldie (and the red exhaust tips).

The silver tail section and large red-outline decal on the newbie are unique. Add red-star wheels and exhaust tips.

Nice carbon bits on the 1000. Lotsa mirrors. LOL.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 03:21 PM

There's palm trees in Oklahoma?

Congrats on the new ride, looks great.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

That's about all I would consider doing to the 1000, red star wheels, and anodized red exhaust tips. On my original 750, I actually sent the exhaust back to the UK from the Middle East to have them done, although I'm sure someone in the US does the same thing. I'm pretty lucky, like you said, the 1000 came loaded with all the goodies, dripping with carbon, RG3 exhaust, Power Commander, Penski Shock etc etc..... And yes, the extra set of wing mirrors are being removed! The previous owner definately wanted to see what was behind him.

Quote:
Me likey Senna-style red-star wheels on your oldie (and the red exhaust tips).

The silver tail section and large red-outline decal on the newbie are unique. Add red-star wheels and exhaust tips.

Nice carbon bits on the 1000. Lotsa mirrors. LOL.

Last edited by Thehighlander; 06-21-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode