So many problems - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

So many problems

I read the forum since February. I am in love with the mv agusta company but I read so many electrical problems on the new f3. I was planning to buy one but because of the problem with mv's dealer in my country I don't buy yet. I would like to ask the owners of the f3 about the bikes problems. I read all the time here so many problems and this is very sad for the company. Finally worth buying the f3 or not.? ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 03:04 PM

Hi there,

few things I want to say..

nr 1: yes there are individuals with problems on their F3..but you also get guys that have none. (like me. 1300km no problems yet... touch wood). You can go out and buy a new BMW or Ford ect and it will give you problems some point time. My focus ST constantly gave shit. but then again that was a ford...

nr 2: commuting problems.. no problems there either... just ride her faster.. its a small bike. you can take any gap... no seriously its easy to ride.. I stalled her once and that was because I saw a hot girl in the car next to me...

nr3: Dude.. Its a MV Agusta!! just look at it FFS. no bike compares to it.. hard core bikers stares at them.. Agusta's are scares. whatever problems you might have with it, its pure awesomeness will make you forget.. quickly.

nr 4: I test drove a daytona 675R 2013 and yes it was a nice ride, but it lacked something.. oh yes I remember.. coolness.. the F3 makes your legs jelly and it will remind you to respect it. that will keep you loving it every time you go out for a ride.

nr 5: just buy the damn MV.. if you buy something else. I tell you now, one or maybe 2 will pass you sometime and you ARE going to wish you rather bought the MV..

when I ride my F3 I know(in my own mind).. Chicks want to have me, and guys want to be me..

i'm a very satisfied F3 owner.. one can name the bad things on your one hand, but I can go on and on and on about the good stuff....
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your answer. I agree with everything you say but I think that a company like the mv agusta should not be let her motorcycle with so many problems. all these problems spoil her name all over the world. I have a cupra bocanegra and has some small problems but it is Seat. Agusta should not have such problems.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Established Member

Great advice JFK! Ive owned lots of bikes previously and had a bmw s1000rr which had vibration and quickshifter problems all known by s1000 owners. There is nothing better than owning an MV F3, i had to own one and so glad i bought it, you get so much attention and apart from that its a joy to ride no issues with the fuelling with the new map and dealers are willing to help unlike the volume brands that just stack them high and bang them out cheap, givd me your card number and i will buy one for you

Gsxr 600 k2
Zx6r 07
Z1000
Gsxr 1000 k6
Ktm SMC 690
Daytona 675
Bmw S1000RR
Mv F3
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 05:10 PM

MV's really don't have an more problems than Ducati or BMW for example, they just don't have as strong a dealer or parts network to support the product. That being said, my dealer is 100 miles away and has treated me fantastic so if you buy from a good dealer you should be fine.

Google BMW S1000RR con rod failures, Ducati Panigale recalls, and Kawasaki ZX10r technical recall and you will see that all major motorcycle manufacturers have issues from time to time.

2013 MV Agusta F3 Red/Silver (Sonya)
2013 MV Agusta F3 Black Track/Race Only (Trinity)
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 06:01 PM

I had one problem. The bike would shut off randomly, took it to the shop there was a broken wire near the on/off switch. All covered by warranty.

I have ridden 3200 miles so far, best bike ever. People who have a lot of problems are most likely cause their dealer wasn't so good at assembling the bike. The bike is great.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocanegra180 View Post
Thanks for your answer. I agree with everything you say but I think that a company like the mv agusta should not be let her motorcycle with so many problems. all these problems spoil her name all over the world. I have a cupra bocanegra and has some small problems but it is Seat. Agusta should not have such problems.
You have to also remember that this is the first 3 cylinder bike that they have built in ages.. the new engineers had no idea how to interoperate the old 3 cyl engine drawings.. and the electronics is more advanced than the F4, hence all the funny engine shutdown problems and so forth.. you have to give them some credit.. its still a awesome bike. I love mine more each day... just take care of her and she will look after you
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Established Member

Even though it has some issues, just like any new model bike or car, it still gives me a stupid grin everytime I ride it So much that Im planning on going for the F3 800 when its available. This is my first "new" bike and I dont think I'll ever go with another brand in the future. Once you go MV all other bikes are ugly, ha!

2013 MV Agusta F3
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Off topic but do you know when the f3 800 will be available?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoStiglitz View Post
Even though it has some issues, just like any new model bike or car, it still gives me a stupid grin everytime I ride it So much that Im planning on going for the F3 800 when its available. This is my first "new" bike and I dont think I'll ever go with another brand in the future. Once you go MV all other bikes are ugly, ha!
agreed...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode