MV Agusta Company Concerns! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

MV Agusta Company Concerns!

I dont know about the rest of you fellas, but im extremely concerned with what the higher ups are doing with the MV company. It is not that I want MV to be unsuccessful, I am a loyal fan, however they seem to be turning a company where the desire of having something exotic, and few are lucky to own, into a brand of quantity. I purchased my MV because it was the bike I had posters of on my wall as a kid that I dreamed of one day owning. The fact that no one has heard of them or the fact that you might only see a few in your life time is what gave me the motivation to own one some day. Unfortunately it seems they are taking this rarity out of this boutique company and making it a common branding of a sports machine. From my understand MVs were the rarest machine to come out of italy excluding Bimota or Vyrus and any other companies that are know longer active. Does anyone else agree with me here, this is so disheartening how different the sons perspective of the company differs from his father. I hope this doesnt happen, but im losing hope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 01:21 PM

New Site Garage
Well... Always being on the edge of bankruptcy is also not a preferable situation. I think it is good that try to make a better profit. It will be a massproduction anyway. So I am not so concerned.

And my bike is rare anyway as there were only 276 produced ;-)

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #3 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 01:23 PM

you explained the reasoning in the last section. Why Bimota, is no longer in business.

In the present environment, far too many superb bikes out there, MV has to kick up the reliability as well as quantity of units built or they'll go the way of bimota(which has done the going out of business thing numerous times). The only other option is to build as they do now and raise the prices substantially further narrowing the market for the bikes.

All the diehard duc people have been crying about some of the non traditional ducs coming out, hypermotard, mts, diavel. Which have all been surprisingly successful.

Me I don't really care what other bikes MV or ducati build as long as they make something that appeals to me, is well built, if they means building more and different bikes by all means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taper41 View Post
I dont know about the rest of you fellas, but im extremely concerned with what the higher ups are doing with the MV company. It is not that I want MV to be unsuccessful, I am a loyal fan, however they seem to be turning a company where the desire of having something exotic, and few are lucky to own, into a brand of quantity. I purchased my MV because it was the bike I had posters of on my wall as a kid that I dreamed of one day owning. The fact that no one has heard of them or the fact that you might only see a few in your life time is what gave me the motivation to own one some day. Unfortunately it seems they are taking this rarity out of this boutique company and making it a common branding of a sports machine. From my understand MVs were the rarest machine to come out of italy excluding Bimota or Vyrus and any other companies that are know longer active. Does anyone else agree with me here, this is so disheartening how different the sons perspective of the company differs from his father. I hope this doesnt happen, but im losing hope.

Chris
2014 B3 Brutale 800
That's Giuliano Maoggi and the start of the 1956 Motogiro d'Italia.
post #4 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 01:39 PM

Bimota is out of business?

Years ago I went to see the company. It is just a typical Italian very small building. Just a tiny badge at the entrance.
Did not let me in.......

For me they are always at the edge of bankruptcy.......

But they are heartfull idealists - chapeau

I motori sono come le donne, bisogna saperli toccare nelle parti piu' sensibili.......
__________________________________________________ ___________________
2018 Brutale 800RR
post #5 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 02:35 PM

While I don't agree with the way MV is turning out the models they are right now (The F3 800 is a particular sore point) I really don't see how increasing yearly production to 10-12,000 units is going to change how exclusive they are. And there is still a big question mark as to if they can even get to that volume. MV sold about 4500 units in 2010, 2500 in 2011, and 7500 in 2012, and are looking to reach the 10,000 mark in 2013. In the USA in particular MV's are still not selling that well. MV brought around 200 F3's into the US for the 2013 model year and many are still sitting on showroom floors.

For comparison here are some other Euro brands units sold in 2012.

BMW sold over 100,000 units
KTM sold over 100,000 units
Ducati sold over 50,000 units

2013 MV Agusta F3 Red/Silver (Sonya)
2013 MV Agusta F3 Black Track/Race Only (Trinity)
post #6 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Zvez I dont believe Bimota is out of business they have released numerous bikes recently. I apologize for my first post, I have been writing at work, so there have been a few distractions. What I meant was that Bimota and Vyrus are extremely rare and hand built more along the lines of certain kit cars, where there specs are made to the customers liking which is why I was excluding them, as I was also excluding any other brands that are now defunct.

Last edited by taper41; 06-13-2013 at 03:26 PM.
post #7 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Vapor, the one company that I consider Mv to be the most simlar to is Aprilia. Do you have any information or know the difference in units between them. Does Aprilia produce more units than Mv. I know that Aprilia is a subdivision of Piaggio, but are they considered a larger company themselves over Mv or the other way around, when it comes to mass production of units and units sold.
post #8 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 03:28 PM

I know of nowhere to find Aprilia sales statistics. My point is that even with much larger sales, how often do you see BMW's, Ducati's, and KTM's? Very rarely, and that's with sales much higher than MV. MV will remain the most, or one of the most exclusive brands even if they sell 25,000 units per year.

2013 MV Agusta F3 Red/Silver (Sonya)
2013 MV Agusta F3 Black Track/Race Only (Trinity)
post #9 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 03:31 PM
Established Member

The company needs to move forward. Does this mean producing bikes at the same rate as the Japanese, Germans, I don't think so. But it definitely needs to build more than 10000 a year to survive. The brand may become more recognizable in the future as they up production, but for most it will remain a bike of lust, only available to the truly committed.

Do it! Do it now! Don't be a girlie man.
post #10 of 95 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

This is not meant to sound facetious. I do understand what you mean as far as bmw, ducati and ktm selling much more,and still remaining hard to find ... but how ? ...How can it still be considered exclusive. I would assume the more you sell the less exclusive. Isnt that why ferrari pulled back production on their cars this year ?
No numbers on Aprilia? I would have thought that there was no question they were a company that produces their street bikes at a larger capacity like a ducati but i dont know for certain.

Last edited by taper41; 06-13-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode