Gratitude - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Gratitude

I would like to express my gratitude to all the forum members on here that contribute their expertise and experiences with the repair and maintenance of their bikes.

I have a 2004 SPR that I stored for a good 2-3 years. I would start it every now and again to keep the fluids going in it but one day it wouldn't start.

With the help of the search function I was able to determine that my fuel pump was dead. I replaced it and the bike fired up again.

I proceeded to do all the general maintenance, new plugs, brake/clutch fluids, oil change, chain cleaning and lube, coolant flush etc.. all with help from searching old post from my fellow forum members.

After my maintenance, I put some seafoam in the gas tank to try to clean up the old gas that may have been in the fuel system. The bike fired up for the first few days but suddenly stopped starting soon after.

Again I searched the old posts here and found some troubleshooting tips that really helped me to determine what was going on. At first, I thought maybe my ECU had gone bad because intake #1 and #4 was not getting hot at the header when trying to start the bike. But I dug deeper and found that two of my fuel injectors (#1 and #4) were completely clogged. I was able to remove them and send them to a place Noel recommended (RC injection). They confirmed my diagnosis and within 24 hours I had my bike running again. I wonder if it was the seafoam that maybe contributed to the clogging?

At any rate, I am a very happy guy thanks to everyone's contributions here. I was able to save a ton of money because I didn't have to take my bike to the dealer to find out what was wrong. I also learned so much about my bike in the past few weeks.

Cheers!

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 01:13 AM
cus

Nice story with a happy ending, this forum is the only reason I can afford to have my MV`s as it enables me to get the info that otherwise wouldn`t be available, glad it helped you too.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 06:04 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Just one of the reasons this forum is a great place to hang out. I've gotten a lot of assistance and questions answered here as well.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 09:49 AM

New Site Garage
+100

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 01:39 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
Great post John. I love happy endings!

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 03:49 PM

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cus View Post
Nice story with a happy ending, this forum is the only reason I can afford to have my MV`s as it enables me to get the info that otherwise wouldn`t be available, glad it helped you too.
Yep same here. If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't be able to afford to keep mine.

Great thread and glad it had a happy ending.

Cheers guys, you're a good bunch!

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their life" #58

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode