Anyone in the UK heard anything... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Anyone in the UK heard anything...

I am hearing all sorts in respect of MotoGB and that they are already, or will soon no longer be, the Uk importer of MV Agusta?

This may go someway to explain why their website is full of 2012 (and older bikes) being sold off at what looks to be cost price.

I am also told that my delaer cannot order an MV (can't actual get any communication from MotoGB) even if he had a buyer for one of their bikes, which I hasten to add they do in me.

I am amazed that MV are launching so many new bikes to market with what appears to be so much uncertainty with the dealer network in the UK due to there being no announcement/clarification as to how o who they are going to get thei stock?

I am not bigging the UK up but it is a pretty hefty player in the sportsbike market, so I am more than a little fraustrated and confussed.

Is this old news or can anyone confirm/deny this. Anyone have close links with dealers in the UK (Moto Forza, Bennet, On Yer Bike etc etc) who can give heir view on the importation of MV Agusta bikes into the UK going forward?

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France

Last edited by JerseyBrut; 06-11-2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Expansion of thoughts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 01:03 AM

Dave,
Bikes should still be available from franchised dealers, motogb will no longer be the importer but that should not affect supply. I have a deposit down on a B800 with Bennett's and was told last week my bike will be in UK mid to late June. If you give Paul a ring at Bennett's I am sure he can help you.
jimboF4

Last edited by jimboF4; 06-12-2013 at 01:06 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 02:37 AM Thread Starter

Jimbo

Thanks, but my problem is my franchise dealer cannot get any communication from MotoGB. They will not answer emails, return calls etc... so it is not surprising if MV have given them the heave ho.

In addition being on an Island of 85,000 people, the dealer does not obviously turn over that many MV's (in fact I am pretty much the only person who shows an interest in the brand)! So I think the feeling is we are pretty much small fry and therefore hold little clout, and dealing with a dealer in the UK is not always easy and the cost of collecting/delivering the bike gets silly, although strangely enough, my dealer knows the owner of Bennett's and is trying to establish what is going on.

It looks like I do not have that many options, other than to wait and see. It is a shame, I wanted to order another MV....

Anyway, I suppose I am just as keen to find out the truth behind the franchise being pulled from MotoGB and who, if anyone, is going to pick it up or will all the dealers have contracts and deal directly with the factory? Which would be better do you think?

Dave

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France

Last edited by JerseyBrut; 06-12-2013 at 02:42 AM.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 04:16 AM

Dave,
When I spoke with Paul at Bennett's they did say motogb were losing the importer role from September this year, there will be no single UK importer, each franchised dealer will be in touch with a European centre which will distribute bikes and parts. Apparently a similar setup to what Ducati do in the UK. How it will all work, your guess is as good as mine. I can see that being on Jersey may be a problem with such a small turnover, hope it all gets resolved and you find a bike.
Regards jimboF4
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2013, 04:00 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I'm speaking for Moto Corsa here, MV dealer on the borders of Dorset and Wiltshire, and confirm that it is true that MotoGB will cease being importer by September. All current dealers were informed of this late last week.

However how MV will handle the UK is, as yet, unclear, as they are yet to set up their infrastructure.
I am aware that at least one further shipment of 2013 models due shortly via MotoGB which will need to carry us through until a new system is in place. The factory closes on 9 August until the end of the month, as is normal for Italy, so by September we will understand how future business will be conducted.

2013 model inventory is not great in the UK - Moto Corsa has just four left in stock (B4-1090RR, F4-RR and 2xB3-675) but am expecting to get a couple more from next shipment. As pointed out by others there's still quite a few 2012 and earlier models in inventory which is why there has been some significant price reductions on those.

I think that it is just a matter of having to wait to see how things evolve and not a lot will be made clear until September.

Gordon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode