Do you think the F3 will come in an 1150cc version? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Do you think the F3 will come in an 1150cc version?

Canabalize F4 sales?

Last edited by Allan Gibbs; 06-05-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 07:01 AM

Hey, they might as well. Probably a cruiser and full touring version with bags as well. You don't want to leave any market segment unfilled.
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 08:19 AM

IMHO Castolinni(excuse spelling) JR seems to be a better businessman than his father . He has really stepped up to the task of taking the reigns of the family business and ran with them.I cannot remember when MV was so sound financially even in this world economy down turn .

Sorry I regress, that being said I think Castolinni Jr is too sharp to allow the MV to put all its eggs in one basket having the MV product line turn into one base model configured into many different motorcycles.
post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 08:32 AM

This is a similar situation Ducati was faced with with there Excellent long running flagship Ducati 1198.
IMO Ducati should have left the traditional 1198 in the product line in limited numbers for a few years as a choice for riders who arnt looking for the latest ground breaking tech yet want the Ducati experience at an affordable price.

Can the exsisting 675 engine block be bored/stroked to 1050? If so MV Agusta could keep the price low ,and give customers another choice.
post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 09:39 AM

The 675 engine block can be stroked, but not bored for larger capacity (or so says MV). I don't believe something approaching 1000cc is possible without starting over.
post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake318 View Post
This is a similar situation Ducati was faced with with there Excellent long running flagship Ducati 1198.
IMO Ducati should have left the traditional 1198 in the product line in limited numbers for a few years as a choice for riders who arnt looking for the latest ground breaking tech yet want the Ducati experience at an affordable price.

Can the exsisting 675 engine block be bored/stroked to 1050? If so MV Agusta could keep the price low ,and give customers another choice.
Not so sure this would have worked, as the 1198 wouldn't have been significantly cheaper than the Panigale. The 848 is aimed at those customers I would think.

It would be interesting if they came out with another engine size for the F3 though. In Australia the base F4 is not far off the price of the 800 (assuming the 800 is a few k more than the 675). They'd be cannibalising their own sales.

Last edited by phunky_monkey; 06-06-2013 at 11:51 PM.
post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 08:58 PM

New Site Garage
If you want a 1000cc you buy a F4. If you want a 600cc you buy a F3.

You dont see ferrari boring its 458 italia to compete with its enzo?

Its there entry level bike its a market they are buying into where the buyer dont want to spend 30k on a bike or 24k for that matter

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs View Post
Canabalize F4 sales?
F4 is so old it needs replacing, so maybe it will be replaced by a bigger 'F3 type' Superbike ???

Whether its a 3 pot....hmmm, doubt it.

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 11:12 PM

New Site Garage
How can you say the F4 is old? It has stood up against all the manufacturers for 14 years. Its design is flawless and never needed a facelift till now and that is even a controversial with owners today.

I understand you F3 enthusiasts are just being that enthusiastic. Thats great. But the F4 carries the soul and the heritage of MV its why we are all here discussing everything MV.

post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnehme View Post
If you want a 1000cc you buy a F4. If you want a 600cc you buy a F3.

You dont see ferrari boring its 458 italia to compete with its enzo?

Its there entry level bike its a market they are buying into where the buyer dont want to spend 30k on a bike or 24k for that matter

I've had four F4s over the past 10 years. The 2013s dont have as much of a difference from the 2010 I just sold. And, I'd like to try something else in 2014.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode