Newbie questions - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Newbie questions

Hi all
must say I am delighted to be part of the forum.

I am an ex competition engine builder for cars bikes but admit to knowing absolutely nothing about MV engines.

I am currently in the process of purchasing a blue/white 2013 1090rr ABS BRUTALE . I have not been this excited since i was a kid at xmas.

a few questions that you may be able to help me with.

1.I am purchasing this bike in the UK but i live in Malta (little island in the med) I am slightely concerned about how i stand with the warranty as Malta does not have an MV dealer I am very capable of maintaining the bike but is this likely to void the warranty.

2. I have searched the web for a road test on the 2013 1090 RR but it seems as if all the magazines have not got around to riding it this year yet a link would be great if anyone knows.

3. I will be riding this bike back through europe from UK - Malta about 2000 miles are there any obvious or common faults that can be expected on this bike so I can be prepared for them and bring any spares if required.

thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 06:09 PM

New Site Garage
YOU LIVE IN MALTA?! My daughter and a friend will be visiting there in July. I may have questions for you, if you don't mind. Sorry, I can't help you on your warranty questions, but I would suggest posting your questions regarding the Brutale 1090RR in the Brutale section. Welcome to the forum shrek!

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

No problem anything I can do to help
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

newbie brutale questions

Sorry for the duplicate post in the general section it was suggested it would be more likely to get advice in this section.

Hi all
must say I am delighted to be part of the forum.

I am an ex competition engine builder for cars bikes but admit to knowing absolutely nothing about MV engines.

I am currently in the process of purchasing a blue/white 2013 1090rr ABS BRUTALE . I have not been this excited since i was a kid at xmas.

a few questions that you may be able to help me with.

1.I am purchasing this bike in the UK but i live in Malta (little island in the med) I am slightely concerned about how i stand with the warranty as Malta does not have an MV dealer I am very capable of maintaining the bike but is this likely to void the warranty.

2. I have searched the web for a road test on the 2013 1090 RR but it seems as if all the magazines have not got around to riding it this year yet a link would be great if anyone knows.

3. I will be riding this bike back through europe from UK - Malta about 2000 miles are there any obvious or common faults that can be expected on this bike so I can be prepared for them and bring any spares if required.

thanks in advance
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 05:03 PM

HI and welcome,just have a talk to your dealer ,there should be no issue with warranty,just send an email to MV ,You should be able to use a local guy.

NO problems with the bike ,enjoy.

cheers eddy
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2013, 05:19 PM

Welcome mate,you must be one brave man to ride a bike around Malta,I have friends in Valetta and Mgarr been there a few times great place and nice and warm.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew fotheringham View Post
Welcome mate,you must be one brave man to ride a bike around Malta,I have friends in Valetta and Mgarr been there a few times great place and nice and warm.
Ha ha yes it is interesting to say the least, they do have a unique driving style .
But a really nice place to live a lot less rain than Ireland and Sicily is only a 90 min ferry ride away and the roads there are amazing.

Any advice on my questions please???
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
HI and welcome,just have a talk to your dealer ,there should be no issue with warranty,just send an email to MV ,You should be able to use a local guy.

NO problems with the bike ,enjoy.

cheers eddy
brilliant I will send an email to MV the dealer wasnt sure
thanks.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2013, 01:11 PM

Hi From Germany!

I also got a 13 Brutale RR. Done some mods to her:
- MV Corse Race kit
- open airbox with funnels removed and these odd tubes removed:
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50500

plus some cosmetic changes like bar, mirrors, flashers etc.

Bike runs like hell .

No probs till now.

You will like her .

Jochen

I motori sono come le donne, bisogna saperli toccare nelle parti piu' sensibili.......
__________________________________________________ ___________________
2018 Brutale 800RR
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2013, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek View Post
Ha ha yes it is interesting to say the least, they do have a unique driving style .
But a really nice place to live a lot less rain than Ireland and Sicily is only a 90 min ferry ride away and the roads there are amazing.

Any advice on my questions please???
Just off the phone to a dealer,advice given was you need to check with who you are getting the bike from as to what form of warranty comes with the bike i.e. European or dealer.The European will cover certain dealers who are reconised by Mv as trained by mv mechanics that way the parts can be supllied and fitted by that dealer.However if it's dealer uk only waranty then it's null and void as it leaves the country. The guy I spoke to also said that the 2012 model 1090rr is better spec than the 2013.Hope this helps if in doubt contact your seller.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode