What's the reason for Ferrari badges on MVs? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

What's the reason for Ferrari badges on MVs?

Hi, I have been looking at a lot of the wonderful F4s and F3 in the gallery's. I have noticed that there are more than a few F4s and F3 s with Ferrari shields mounted onto the bikes. From full sized shields to small discreet ones on fork legs ect.
Now I know what the association with MV and Ferrari is, and I also know that some shields were added during the early years by some owners to the F4s. Today's was a little surprised to see Ferrari shields mounted up on some F3s to.
May I ask whatare the thoughts behind doing this? Is there a reason for doing this? I am genuinely interested in knowing the reasons why if I may.
I do hope I get the answers to my questions. Thanks Brando
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 09:32 AM

I think it's the whole thing the F4's F stands for Ferrari. There was a time when Ferrari was involved in helping design the engine for a prototype MV I think 750 cc capacity...based on some F1 engine...I am going by memory here. but finally in the production version of the engine nothing but the radial valves got carried over...hence the Ferrari stamps on a lot of the MVs. ALso a lot of people consider the MV as the Ferrari of motorcycles...

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 01:18 PM

A few items as others have explained it to me -
- Its Italian
- Its considered the Ferrari of motor bikes
- Ferrari was involved in collaborating with MV on engine design at one point
- Media continues to use comparison statements to Ferrari on two wheels

I hope this helps.

Ride fast and furious but live to ride another day!
post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 01:31 PM

New Site Garage
Some people just like to try to raise the status of their things. Fake Rolexes and Gucci bags, BMW owners putting 'M' badges on regular BMW's. And my former yard man who managed a Ferrari badge on his ... whatever it was red coupe.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 03:21 PM

Do a search Brando, this has been asked many times (and Admin really needs to wake up and update the headings in the Gallery !!!!!!)

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT

Last edited by quad-turbo; 05-24-2013 at 03:41 PM.
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Hi Quad-turbo, I would say that more than half of the subjects posted have been asked before. However I have searched and as yet cant find any threads as to why owners do this from a personal point of view. All I can find is the history of how ferrari was involved in the F4 cylinder heads in the early days, (but nothing to do with the F3s). But as posted in my opening post, I know about the legend/history already.
I was really asking for personal opinions/reasons from MV owners who actually have done it. Any links to such threads would be greatly reseved :-) Brando

Last edited by Brando; 05-24-2013 at 03:59 PM.
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
I would say that more than half of the subjects posted have been asked before. However I have searched and as yet cant find any threads as to why owners do this from a personal point of view. All I can find is the history of how ferrari was involved in the cylinder heads in the early days. But as posted in my opening post, I know about the legend/history already.
I was really asking for personal opinions from MV owners who acualy have done it. Any links to such threads would be greatly reseved :-) Brando
Fair enough.....I find often that thread pages become limited for some reason, maybe admin can tell us why?????

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Though I do agree with what you say about the gallery Quad-turbo. I don't find it easy to navigate. Brando
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 04:22 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Most people who deface and F4 or other MV with a Ferrari Badge get flamed for that action. So, there is little info about WHY they do it.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-24-2013, 06:19 PM
col

New Site Garage
the F stands for Ferrari
Ferrari engine design team designed and built the first MV F4 750 prototype engine .Apprantly the deal was to always call the the engine F range no mater if 750 or 1100cc (talk of a 1150cc F4 soon)
From a freind at mcn uk Ferrari designed the F3 engine as well as a F2 500cc inline twin engine for MV.Will we see a F2 and a B2 soonish or a MV motard type

most of this information is accesable from the MV history site

i have a form of dislexia as i have said plenty of time and it dont bother me .................. but im not stupid or a tard so dont try it on

MV Brutale's go faster than a crackheads dole payment and that's fast

I WAS A BIKER BEFORE IT BECAME A FASHION STATEMENT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode