I think you'll be a useful group of people. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

I think you'll be a useful group of people.

This is my first post. But I hope in the future you'll be able to help me out.

I'm the Graphic Artist at Cagiva USA. In turn, I design all of the ads for MV Agusta along with shirt designs and so on (For the US). We're approaching a new year and I'll be thinking of new Ad campaigns. If any of you have any ideas I'm sure it would help.

I think the hardest ads this year will be for the CC, I've got some convincing to do.

Eddie.

Last edited by Snoxie; 12-18-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 03:00 PM

Hi Eddie, welcome to the forum, there are some really artistic and creative members in the family, bet they will take up your offer!! I assume you ride an MV?
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 03:03 PM

Eddie,

Welcome we have some very creative/designers on the forum. If I am not mistaken some are in the car design industry.

As far as the clothing sure would be nice to have it available for sale at the AMA races next year. It is just really darn hard to locate it for sizing concerns. If you don't have a dealer you can't size the stuff and why order somthing you have no idea will fit or not?

Other than that the designs, materials and over all quality is pretty top notch!

Let's us know if you need any other input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoxie

I'm the Graphic Artist at Cagiva USA. In turn, I design all of the ads for MV Agusta along with shirt designs and so on (For the US). We're approaching a new year and I'll be thinking of new Ad campaigns. If any of you have any ideas I'm sure it would help.

I think the hardest ads this year will be for the CC, I've got some convincing to do.

Eddie.

2002 MV F4 1+1 Sold
2002 MV F4 S Sold
2004 MV SPR Sold (CAG)
2008 1098S Sold
2006 999R Sold
2011 MTS 1200S Touring
2001 748R #0682
1998 916 SPS #0278

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| |___
|--DUCATI CORSE-----| ||'|";,__.
|_..._...____________| ||_|_|...,]
"(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)******(@)
post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

You'd think I'd ride, I just turned 22 though. I'll work on that in 07 for sure. I see all the bikes we have here, every single day. It gets me itch'n to try it out soon.
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 03:38 PM

I don't have anything specific but have a general direciton. I'm pretty sure 2007 will be the year of the Ducati 1098. But what the Ducati wouldn't have is the prestige, exclusiveness, and design of the 1098 - which is probably important to the MV target market.

So, I'd try to design something to address the 1098's weak spots. I figure by the end of 2007, they'll be a 1098 on very block (so to speak) which will be a turn off to those who want something unique.

Some difference between the F4 and 1098 are:
- F4's timeless design vs. Ducati's 4 year redesign
- F4 designed by Massimo Tamburini vs. Ducati trying to go back to Massimo's 916 design
- F4's exclusive vs. 1098's mass market appeal.
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs
I don't have anything specific but have a general direciton. I'm pretty sure 2007 will be the year of the Ducati 1098. But what the Ducati wouldn't have is the prestige, exclusiveness, and design of the 1098 - which is probably important to the MV target market.

So, I'd try to design something to address the 1098's weak spots. I figure by the end of 2007, they'll be a 1098 on very block (so to speak) which will be a turn off to those who want something unique.

Some difference between the F4 and 1098 are:
- F4's timeless design vs. Ducati's 4 year redesign
- F4 designed by Massimo Tamburini vs. Ducati trying to go back to Massimo's 916 design
- F4's exclusive vs. 1098's mass market appeal.
See its things like that, that I need to know. Thanks a lot! Obviously this business is very competitive, so as much as I'd like to share proofs and marketing ideas; you'll just have to wait for the ads to appear in Robb Report, Cycle World, and others next year.

But keep the input coming, I need all the help I can get. Italy normally comes up with the campaigns. We're trying to break mold and set our own pace this year. At least I am, as a designer.
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 04:13 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoxie

Eddie.
How about price it as $150.000 and give a discount to $120.000.
Maybe some will people will buy it.

welcome to this forum

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 04:20 PM
anothermvfanatic
hey mate
yes we have some designers here on board. I personally am a senior art director in a multinational adverstising agency. I find it interesting that you say your a graphic artist, and yet you want to come up with an ad campaigns, normally you guys just do mac work not come up with creative. For that i applaud you, its good to see juniors and graphic artisits spread there wings. I have worked on honda motorcycles campaigns, and aslo suzuki motorcycle campaigns, so if i can help you with anything just send me a pm
cheers and good luck
p.s you have a wealth of knowledge here, lots of amazing, smart and passionate people here im sure many people here can provide you anything you may want to know.
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb88xx
How about price it as $150.000 and give a discount to $120.000.
Maybe some will people will buy it.

welcome to this forum
LOL ... Haha... Nice, Yeah not sure if that will fly with the higher ups, haha good one though.

I think the main thing I need to pivot off of is the "precious metal" aspect. Somehow, somewhere, someone will just buy it for the looks, how many people do think will actually tear it up with the CC? Unless they've got enough $$ to fix the carbon fiber and magnesium parts.
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 04:32 PM

Well, I don't really see the 1098 as a direct competitor to the MV in the long run. The 1098 is the death knoll for Aprillia unless they can come up with a 1100cc bike that's as good looking. It's trouble for the Japense bikes since you can get an "exotic" Italian bike for a few grand more. But in the long run (2-3 years), I think Ducati will loose a lot of the prestige when every stunter, poser, and track junkie has a 1098.

If anything, MV should try to market it's exclusiveness focus of the upscale market. I mentioned this before, but I would be great if MV could also offer a level of customization like a choice of order different combination of body panels and seats. That level of customization is something most other bike manufacturers don't have.

Last edited by Allan Gibbs; 12-18-2006 at 04:47 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode