My first official day riding my F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

My first official day riding my F4

Hi, So i cant believe its been 6 months since i bought my very first MV F4.
After a 5 month rebuild i am now legally insured (you really dont want to know how much) as well as the legally required power restriction which will last another 7 months on my bike (then i will have full power). As from yesterday i am now officially on the road with my F4
So over the next few days i shall be hitting the roads with my dad. I even went to collage on it today
I shall be adding some more pictures to this thread over the bank holiday weekend of my ride outs. I am now living my own MV Agusta F4 dream Thanks for reading Brando
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 06:23 PM

Nice bikes. Couldn't the government mandate larger license plates?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 06:27 PM

Well done mate, nice bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
Couldn't the government mandate larger license plates?
So glad I don't have to have those on my bikes anymore. One very good reason not to be in the UK (as much as I miss Ole Blighty)
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 06:58 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to mrflex
What the F**K is that license plate is wider than the bike, are you kidding me on? That is not so cool!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 07:39 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down big plates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco View Post
Nice bikes. Couldn't the government mandate larger license plates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflex View Post
What the F**K is that license plate is wider than the bike, are you kidding me on? That is not so cool!
ah, you kids never saw the old German bike plates from the '70s

they called them "cookie sheets"
big enough to bake a couple dozen cookies on

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 09:36 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
Nice Brando, I know you have been waiting a long time. I must have been even harder, since you've been in possession of the bike for so long. It looks great, and have fun.

What amount of power restriction do have to run under out of curiosity, do you have to put a governor on the bike? And does it limit RPM's or speed?

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 09:53 PM
SAB

The bike looks great. Well wear. Take your time on her.

"If I'd never thrown my leg over a bike, I'd never have lived." - Hislop
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SAVS View Post
Nice Brando, I know you have been waiting a long time. I must have been even harder, since you've been in possession of the bike for so long. It looks great, and have fun.

What amount of power restriction do have to run under out of curiosity, do you have to put a governor on the bike? And does it limit RPM's or speed?
Hi Ian. Yes because of the unique way that the UK riding laws used to be. Anyone who is under 21 has to have a two year 33hp restriction and then after two years the restriction is automatically lifted.
I know what your thinking, however its now worst. The above law has now changed as from January 2013 this year. Now you have to be 24 years old to ride a motorcycle bigger than a 600cc. This is thanks to the way our country allows the European Union to dictate even more controlling laws to us
However because i took my licence in febuary 2012 before jan 2013, the new laws dont apply to me, so after my restriction is automatically lifted i will be 19 years old So yes i will jump through all the controlling hoops that is required of me for the rest of this year, i don't mind after knowing how other young riders are now treated.
Its interesting that there has been a 70% fall in young people taking any riding licences in the UK. One now has to take 3 thats 3 separate sets of riding licences over the 8 years from when you are 17 years old.
From 125cc, 250cc and 300cc, the most powerful bike permitted for an under 24 is now 46bhp.
My MV does not feel to bad, its still 3 times more powerful than my 125 commuter. The rev limiter is approx 4200rpm and the top end should be about 100mph. It feels as powerful as a Kawasaki 250-300.
Hey guys, dont take the pi55 I am one of the last under 24s that will be seen on an MV agusta here in the UK, so at least i am living the dream The UK is killing of motorcycling If i was under the new laws/rules, i would not see you guys for another 6 years
Yea, the number plates Its like another aerodynamic restriction Brando
Attached Images

Last edited by Brando; 05-04-2013 at 04:06 PM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 03:27 AM
cus

Good for you Brando,
you`re out on the road on an MV. At least in the future you will be able to pull that evil rev limiter off and it will be like having an entirely different bike. Bring on the burning of the rev limiter party. Well done.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 06:31 AM

Well I'm glad I am out of that group of younger riders,it's hard for anyone outside the uk to understand our laws regarding riding bikes and our number plate size.With you now on your M.V. you will be the envy of everyone so lap it up big time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode