MV Agusta Forum banner

Heading to Phoenix to pick up my new bike

931 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Red Baron 
#1 ·
Well newer. Going to be buying Allan Gibbs bike (provided its what he says it is ;) ) Going to be a long drive, heading from Wisconsin yo phoenix, driving 26 hours straight there. Then getting the bike, sleeping a little then heading home. Wish me luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#2 ·
Be careful, especially coming back home, I did it easy way, purchased the bike and used the moving company to pick up my bike, i knew bike was in a good condition and the cost of fuel, mileage and driving was not worth it for me. I paid $325 door to door, I would have paid cheaper if I shopped around and took my time.
Good luck,

#3 ·
You're driving 26 hours there and 26 hours back? Have you shopped around for a shipper? You could probably have it shipped for what you will spend in gas. Factor in food, repairs should need them, and the value of a week off from work, it seems you would be much better off having it shipped.

#7 ·
Road trip for bikes are the best! Good luck and don't forget to take your time. I find writing down a list of the basics is helpful after coming off a long drive and dealing with the excitement of a potential new buy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.