Think I am getting a divorce :( - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Think I am getting a divorce :(

I have had it with my Brutie. :431: I have got her since mid august 2012. Have done only 1400 km with it since she was more at the dealers than on the road. Thought all fuelling and mapping probs were solved, and they probably are too, but yesterday I suddenly heard a very strange noise coming from the exhaust area. First thought one of the protection plates missed a screw or something in that order, but unfortunately something inside the exhaust collector got loose. She's back at the dealers and I'm afraid she will be there for a while, since that collector cannot be opened, so a new one has to be ordered in Italy... I am really fed up with this bike. It's not fun constantly thinking : what's up next to go wrong? I want a bike I can rely on, therefore I am now discussing with the dealer to take this wicked bike back. As much as I love the looks of my brutie, and it breakes my heart, no more MV for me.

Yamaha XV750 Virago/Triumph Legend/Triumph Street Triple/MV Agusta Brutale 675
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 01:45 PM

So sorry to read this although, I do know how you feel. Itís a real shame too because like so many of us, riding makes you feel younger. Worrying about things going wrong or worse, having things go wrong will cause you to feel old before your time.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

The catalyzer is defective... I am now trying to make a deal to swap the Brutale for a Triumph Street Triple, because I'm fed up with my Italian. Such a shame though... it is a realy beautiful and unique bike and I am sure that it gives a superb riding feeling IF IT WORKSI have planned a motortrip to France for a week and the departure is within 12 days... hope things get sorted out by then, one way or another...

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
It is a shame you have had some problems. MV are not unreliable bikes. My Brutale 910R has over 20K miles with nothing but joy.
You must do what you must do, but all brands can have a random defective part. That is what a warranty is for. Even that Triumph could have a problem.
I hope you will not have any more problems with whatever bike it is you ride.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
It is a shame you have had some problems. MV are not unreliable bikes. My Brutale 910R has over 20K miles with nothing but joy.
You must do what you must do, but all brands can have a random defective part. That is what a warranty is for. Even that Triumph could have a problem.
I hope you will not have any more problems with whatever bike it is you ride.

I would be interested to know how many people have problems versus how many people have not or what % of owners have had issues.

In terms of reliability - the MV stinks.

But, in terms of beauty, she is number one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride safe and take care.

GETEC - Glenn
Vivere il sogno !

Last edited by getec; 04-29-2013 at 03:03 PM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getec View Post
I would be interested to know how many people have problems versus how many people have not or what % of owners have had issues.

....in terms of reliability, she is number one..

....in terms of beauty, she is number one....I have 2 of them which have been fantastically reliable.

I would NEVER have anything else.......
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getec View Post

It think it would be pretty hit and miss Getec....some guys have had no probs, and others lots of problems....

I had two F4's over an 8 year period....cams went in 750, big end bearing one went on 1000, both heavy rebuilds. But then you have senarios like joe's where he's had 60000km trouble free.
Luck of the draw i reckon....

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 11:35 PM

I had a minor issue dripping coolant early on in the ownership of my Brutie, but since then all it's asked for is gas, oil and tires. It loves to eat up tires and I'm happy to feed it regularly

If you love something set it free, if it comes back you've just high sided!
"Get on the fire engine!"

09 Brutale 1078RR

19 Ducati V4 Panigale
11 Kwak Ninja 1000
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 02:55 AM Thread Starter

It's nice to read that not all MV's are crap and that a lot of owners really believe in the brand. But unfortunately mine seems to be assembled on a blue Monday.... Only 1400 km since mid August '12... my bike has spend more time in a garage than on the road. And because of all these flaws, I'm not keen on riding anymore. Its such a shame, because I'm convinced that driving a Brutale that runs as it should is one of the best experiences one can have. And imho it is one of the most beautiful bikes ever made. But I want to ride, not admiring her looks in the dealers workshop... Yes, I can repair her, it's still a warranty case, but I can't stop thinking : "What's gonna be the next issue?"

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 04:48 AM
Established Member

Understanding...

Hi Streetcat,
I understand where you are coming from. The super MV forum friends are simply saying to give your mistress another go. Whilst it is still under warranty, I would too. Hopefully, your dealer is giving you the best advice, service, support and time with your machine no matter what model it is. Contact MV Agusta customer care from the Italian website. They are great people just as passionate as you, me & them! I've spoken to them and they will go out of their way to offer you support, so you remain a loyal customer to this re-invigorated brand. Who knows... I think under your skin lies a bond & passion so thick.... No other brand could ever give you.

Good luck, ride safe no matter what you decide.

Cheers,
Steve

"Honey, I swear this is the last bike I will ever buy...!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode