F4 last in Motociclismo 2013 shootout - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

F4 last in Motociclismo 2013 shootout

http://www.motociclismo.it/comparati...imi-moto-54765

For the Italian readers care to translate for a noob like me?

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryad View Post
http://www.motociclismo.it/comparati...imi-moto-54765

For the Italian readers care to translate for a noob like me?

APRILIA CONFIRMS QUEEN
Five cents, a blink of an eye. It is the gap between the RSV4 and the HP4. After the victory of arrogance yesterday in Cremona ( click here ), today Aprilia has not had it easy to rip the "pole" Marco Simoncelli on the circuit of Misano Adriatico. A little 'because he felt Ducati air of the house and has found itself after the disappointing test yesterday ( click here ), but mainly because BMW during the long acceleration, was able to express his superhuman strength. And Misano, in this sense, is a track much more probative of San Martino del Lago way: the formula of the two tracks, that "an amateur" and that "from world," he convinced everyone . And it served to certify this result: the top of the time, beyond the gaps, is identical in both circuits , a sign that even changing the factors ... the result does not change!

THERE IS A TIME OF MV: "fault" of 200 hp (WITHOUT ELECTRONIC)
Two annotations are dutiful: the first is that BMW at Misano would almost deserved a par with Aprilia (but the regulation is rigid and 25 points went to the RSV4) since it has undergone a detachment really ridiculous plus was faster than the Venetian rival with the pilot B, albeit a trifle ( Click here for all time at Misano ). Someone rightly wondered why the MV Agusta has been implemented only by the good time Ilario Dionisi (Pilot 1). The reason is that the continuing failure of the traction control of the tester F4RR forced to turn it off to make the best lap time . And handle 200 hp to achieve maximum performance is a task that we preferred to entrust only to the professional driver ... On the other hand, for the final ranking, the only rider to have engraved.

And BMW DUCATI: CLOSE ON TIME, IN THE EVALUATION next door!
The test is that the RSV4 R is a step above all , while the F4RR is bringing up the rear because it pays a heavy delay of electronics that does not do honor to a motorcycle beautiful to look at as to drive ( make the big bend in Misano in fifth gear with a front end like that MV is a real pleasure ). The real fight of this test was, however, between the R and the HP4 Panigale, which eventually won the day running a close . About half a second per lap average (but without snagging driving in Cremona maybe we could talk about 2-3 tenths) were already quite a margin content. tabs for the evaluation of 5 meters, this advantage is even thinner, and BMW has Ducati before we could say ... a few thousandths of a second.

Now testers drop the throttle arm themselves ... keyboard. 's time to write the article (and select photos, times and analyze telemetry, attach the video): you will see the result of motorcycling in May, on sale from late April , and here, on Motociclismo.it
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Banned

Issues with Italian electronics? They invented electricity. Oh the horror.
post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Robert, man that Google translate confused the hell out of me lol. Amazing how strong a motor MV now has. Most power at the wheel on their dyno! http://www.motociclismo.it/comparati...amo-moto-54728

Now they need to sort the electronics!

2007 Senna #148/300
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Robert, man that Google translate confused the hell out of me lol. Amazing how strong a motor MV now has. Most power at the wheel on their dyno! http://www.motociclismo.it/comparati...amo-moto-54728

Yeah. It's mostly there but not exactly a good translation for sure.

It's really a shame. MV does some really good core engineering but manages to bungle the little details that make a big difference. In tests like these where the bikes are so close performance wise it's those little things that make or break your test result.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchase View Post
Yeah. It's mostly there but not exactly a good translation for sure.

It's really a shame. MV does some really good core engineering but manages to bungle the little details that make a big difference. In tests like these where the bikes are so close performance wise it's those little things that make or break your test result.
I think that is one of the reasons why they introduced some electronics in the F3 and then they put in the big boy electronics in the F4 and signed up for the BSB where they can fine tune the electronics and the updates will subsequently be provided for the bikes. I think that is their intention. Like for example the 2013 Ape has some TC and engine management updates and they rolled those changes back to the 2012 model and my bike has them now. I have still yet to ride with the updated map and so on but I doubt I will feel any difference on the street....maybe not even on the track (cause I can't push that hard duh). But still, I think MV will do something like that. So when the 2014 F4s come out with improved algorithms they will be backported...at least in my mind that is how it will work. The MVs are just too pretty to be buggered by mediocre electronics.

2007 Senna #148/300
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 01:50 PM

All factory electronics are bit wonky due to emissions and noise regs.

Get thyself microtec, bazzaz or at least piggyback a PowerCommander V with an RG4 for these bikes.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleophus james View Post
All factory electronics are bit wonky due to emissions and noise regs.

Get thyself microtec, bazzaz or at least piggyback a PowerCommander V with an RG4 for these bikes.
I think the emissions is not the problem here. I think what you are referring to is the fueling. I think in this case it's TC and all that and all that gyroscope goodness that is in these bikes nowadays. All that stuff needs to work in harmoy as they do in the Ape for example. And also let's not forget the MV is a heavy bike and it's geometry doesn't really make it as flickable as say the Ape.

2007 Senna #148/300
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 09:10 PM
MV1

Arrow

Quote:

Yeah I'm a big MV fan and am always rooting for their success in these area's but could only imagine that this would be the struggle for a small outfit like MV trying to bring their beauty into the modern digitized motorcycle world.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Established Member

Send a message via AIM to afeylad
It would be awesome if they got these little gremlins sorted like the TC, fuelling, reliability etc.. But people ultimately buy MV's because they are the most gloriously sexy bikes that roll off a production line!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode