New to MV F4 please help! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to mrflex
New to MV F4 please help!

Purchased from the 2nd owner, bike is located at Atlanta GA (2nd Owner). I am trying to get to know the bike but having hard time getting the maintenance records/history. Have you seen this bike (according to 2nd owner bike was used for shows)...anyone have any info on this 2002 MV F4?
Attached Images

Last edited by mrflex; 04-20-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 11:02 PM

New Site Garage
Smile Welcome to the forum mate

I can't help you with any direct info on the bike, but I can tell you what he has done.

I can see is that it's a 750, he Chromed the frame and wheels and other bits.
Did a bad job on the paint job design, not saying you have to stick to MV colours here.
And he stuck a single seat (mono-posto) onto a double seat (bi-posto) sub-frame and somewhere along the line his mounting brackets where not sorted properly.
Then he stuck what looks like Halogen Dichroic 12 globes in the tailpiece for indicators.

Some more pictures and we can give you some more help mate.
If you go to my website you can download the manuals and have a good look at what's been done etc.

Good Luck.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the quick update, what I am really after is to find an original owner or friend of previous owners who actually knows the bike, knows what was done mechanically, paint job isn't too bad as for what i can tell and it's only the cosmetic... You seemed to know a lot about these bikes, what do you see as for exhaust, is this RG3 or stock?
Thanks again,
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 11:51 PM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflex View Post
You seemed to know a lot about these bikes, what do you see as for exhaust, is this RG3 or stock?
Thanks again,
The RG3 on there was a stock item if i'm not mistaken mate.
I'll move you post to the General section, hopefully someone will see it there.
Good Luck

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Don,
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Banned

What are your concerns with the bike (as you obviously have concerns)
The 2002 F4 comes with a service book, you obviously did not get one from the 2nd owner? go back and speak to him and surely he will provide your answers as well as inform you where the bike was serviced.

Realistically all this information should have been dealt with when initially purchasing the bike.
You do not mention mileage so it will be very dificult to inform you of the maintenance that should have been carried out. From the 3rd pic the exhaust looks stock for a 2002 but as quoted above to need to post better pics with better detail.

You really need to go back to the previous owner that you bought the bike from and start all over with regards to information.

failing that phone up dealerships within the area, speak to them, see if any have worked on the bike? but with it being a 2002 the majority of work would be carried out direct by owner (you would expect)

again what is the mileage and to what spec did the previous owner who initially sold you the bike say?

Why is the previous owner not providing you with this information?

post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

has 3200 miles, 2nd owner didn't ride much according to the title (2nd owner purchased the bike 2010 with 2200 miles and now bike has 3200) so 2nd owner rode 1000 miles in three years. You are right about not addressing this up front with a seller prior to purchase. I am TX and bike located in GA, we have been communicating through email/text messages. Seller promised to provide maintenance records but he has not been up far with the information and the bike is getting picked up on Monday to transport from GA to TX. Previously owned by several owners and 2nd owner does not have a full detail history on the bike (not much mile on the bike, I expect not much work done on the bike from the second owner), and he is taking extra time to provide all the info which makes me a little nervous. Sorry, I don't have much pictures to show to you guys other than chromed wheels...Answer to your last question, why the previous owner not providing info, i am guessing he cannot locate the previous owner/service shop/both. Bike should be here on Wed and I hope everything goes well...
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

By the way I appreciate all your help in advance, I own a 05 gixxer1000, RSVR1000 and this will be my third collection, and I am very excited. You guys are so helpful and like this forum. Since I have joined the apriliaforum, I have learned so much and I expected same from here.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:22 AM

New Site Garage
No stress mate. At that amount of mileage, I would imagine the bike might only have been serviced once, twice at the most. The first one would have been the big one, the next nothing special.

I would suggest you do your own check's, the bike looks to be in good condition otherwise. You will go throught the cooling issue's which is now solved a lot easyer than in the past, with guys doing improved ignition and fuel mapping etc.

Contrary to what some guys might say, most parts are very easy to come by (OE and other), and there is a bucket load of aftermarket parts avail. in the Market Section with Forum Sponsors doing a great job.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Purchased,
aluminum radiator fans with aluminum housing (top and bottom)
BMC air filter,
K&N oil filter,
10W/50 Synthetic motal oil
Coolent

Looking to purchase,
Carbon Rear huger
Design Corse race water pump (let me know if anyone has this unit for sale)
Upgrade exhaust (if not done already) with purchase of EPROM race ECU Chip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode