heavily discounted MVs - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

heavily discounted MVs

Here in the uk I hear that moto gb have lost the mv distributership. Net is that they are having somewhat of an mv sale across all models. E.g. F4 3000 saving, 1090rr 2500 saving, brutale 920 7, 999 etc etc. All zero miles pre registered. Not sure if this has already been posted so apologies in advance if it has. Www.mvagusta.co.uk for details.

MV Augusta Brutale 1090RR

Last edited by Mark Smith; 04-20-2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Banned

Wy should I buy a MV with no MV aftersales back up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post
Here in the uk I hear that moto gb have lost the mv distributership. Net is that they are having somewhat of an mv sale across all models. E.g. F4 3000 saving, 1090rr 2500 saving, brutale 920 7, 999 etc etc. All zero miles pre registered. Not sure if this has already been posted so apologies in advance if it has. Www.mvagusta.co.uk for details.
Yes I looked through their site before logging on here, just a shame these prices were not around 10 years ago.

It still would not be enough to entice me back to MV though, the good days of owning an MV are long long gone

in my opinion;
Other makes have caught up and overtook MV without looking back, the majority of other makes also provide the customer after sales and availability of new parts that MV can only dream off. Even the price of MV 2nd hand spares is laughable but you do get people who still line up and buy at these crazy 2nd hand prices.

There are now no dealerships in Scotland with a continueing reduction of dealers in rest of UK, what was once an amazing bike is now falling behind with unusable power, failing parts and new technology that is not fit for purpose.

Perhaps I am getting tighter with my cash, or is it the MV wow factor no longer exists

such a shame to see what was once an amazing bike, get overtook by all other brands including jap bikes which so many slag off for reasons unknown?

So?

people of the forum; what can MV do to entice back a potential MV buyer in todays competitive market?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post

Thats a bloody good deal the Brutale 1090RR and F4 are approx $4000 cheaper than Australia and the F4RR is approx $8000 cheaper than here.

Are those prices ride away or is extra government charges applicable ?

Over here we have not even seen discounting of the old models with the arrival of the 2013 MY which is actually cheaper than last years model

MV Agusta F4 (2013)
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 02:39 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

On the road in uk speak, meaning ride away!

MV Augusta Brutale 1090RR
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 03:31 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Clarification.
The MV prices quoted in the MotoGB pre-2013 model sale are + OTR charges (which is made up of first registation fee (55), one years fund fund licence (78) plus PDI costs to put it on the road).
The one exception being the pre-registered 920s as all that has been done.
As noted elsewhere, 2013 model pricing in the UK is around 10-15% less than in mainland Europe and it would not surprise me if some price re-alignment were to take place when MV takes over directly.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 03:35 AM
Established Member

I think my total OTR charge last July was 170

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Established Member

Best is to get in touch and strike out a deal with them. I got my 1078 far cheaper than listed and with no OTR charges to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KLEIN
XTZ 1200
1078RR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode