Crashed the beauty: naked option - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Crashed the beauty: naked option

Hi,

No crash in the last 11 years and yesterday the disaster occurred... even more annoying as due to lack of attention

SO I am here with my front fairing completely destroyed and EUR3,900 worth of parts to buy, excluding the front wheel which had been slightly damaged on its size.

So I was wondering what would be a good option to get it naked instead. What are the main things to take care off:
- if there any issue with having the dashboard exposed to the elements?
- What kind of mirror could I use
- What kind of indicators and headlight could I use to replace the Xenon existing one?

Is there any legal issue to get it nacked as insurers usually want to know what modifications you've made and accept usually 3 but getting it naked means adding/removing more than 3 items.

Another thing which has nothing to do with the Naked option is that my right foot holder broke in the crash (the whole lot, plate included) so was thinking about getting an upgrade. What would you reckon is best and would allow for a gear selector change to a system with the link that pushes and pull the gears up and down?

Thanks for your help.

Frenchie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 07:15 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Mate don't you have insurance,why would you want to turn a F4 into a Brutale,don't get it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078 312rr
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I am third party only insured... In the UK they asked for 2/3 of the value of the bike (i.e. GBP10k per year) for a fully comprehensive insurance despite my 8 year no claim discount and no crash for the last 10 years so really not worth it...

Hence my idea to maybe get the bike naked.... and If not naked then maybe replace the levers and footrests...
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
Mate don't you have insurance,why would you want to turn a F4 into a Brutale,don't get it.
That's an easy one Mitchy.......Brutie's are waaaaaay cooler than F4s.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvanrenterghem View Post
I am third party only insured... In the UK they asked for 2/3 of the value of the bike (i.e. GBP10k per year) for a fully comprehensive insurance despite my 8 year no claim discount and no crash for the last 10 years so really not worth it...

Hence my idea to maybe get the bike naked.... and If not naked then maybe replace the levers and footrests...
How much!!! .

My Brutale was 10k GBP to buy new and fully comp cover is 295 . I'm 39 years young .

Hope you get something sorted out soon and back on the road .

Brutale 800 Italia
Monster 796 .
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Al-

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggy View Post
How much!!! .

My Brutale was 10k GBP to buy new and fully comp cover is 295 . I'm 39 years young .

Hope you get something sorted out soon and back on the road .
my brutale is way cheaper to insure than my F4. I guess when they fall over, a lot more expensive things get damaged.

to answer the original question, I have sato rearsets on my F4 and FbF rearsets on the brut. Neither one has much advantage over the other for me to recommend either.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 01:02 PM

1st - glad you are ok and only the bike is damaged
2nd - since you broke your right foot lever - you don't have to swap out the entire set (left and right) I honestly like the OEM setup and just replaced the foot pegs and plate with a set of CNC pegs. They look great/provides adequate boot grip/and much affordable then a complete set including linkage.
3rd - Are you serious - It costs 10K to insure the bike? You can buy a brand new bike for that amount - not an F4 unless used but there are many options these days IMHO.

Ride fast and furious but live to ride another day!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 03:23 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down how much?

i'm with doggy......how much????
F4 1000S
Brutale 910R
Aprilia RSVR
BMW 1150GS
$500 deductable

all 4~1,200 per year

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 10:52 PM
SAB

Glad you're OK. 2 wheels are 2 wheels. You'll be back on her soon enough.

"If I'd never thrown my leg over a bike, I'd never have lived." - Hislop
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-13-2013, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks guys, I think the set of CNC pegs could be a very good option to turn a bad event into a good one by changing these OEM useless footpegs...

For the insurance, I know it is absolutely ridiculous, especially for a 36 year old person wit no crash in the last 11 years, 8 year NCD and a virgin like record... For my VTR SP2 the fully comp is still GBP2K. I live in central london and insurers simply don't want to insure these bikes. Even for my TMax the fully comp is GBP800 per year...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode