Color/paint Code Help!!!!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Color/paint Code Help!!!!!

Apparently i'm not a very good researcher because i can't seem to find anything via the search in here that addresses the paint colors/codes i'm looking for. Its the black/gray paint scheme of the 312. Can someone point me in the right direction for finding out spot on matches, or very close?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 09:16 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Paint codes can be found in the owners manual. Do you have the owners maunal?

It ain't what you ride, it's the way you ride it.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

No owners manual. Also, my understanding is that the folks that make the paint for Agusta is an Italian company, and their paint codes don't convert to anything here in the states.

EDIT: Actually just tracked down a PDF of the "user manual" online. I'm guessing this is the same thing as you mean by "owners manual". Anyway, i looked through it and didn't see any reference to any color codes. The best i could come up with was page -9- of the "general section" with a page code(reference number) of 1gb. Even there it describes a not so very clear way of looking for what they call a "colour code". This only goes by a sticker that has A-G designations and nothing else. That is the way Agusta references their color combos but nothing about an actual paint code or color(s).

Last edited by varium; 04-09-2013 at 10:02 PM.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
There are paint codes available but most good paint shops just make their own paint to match the existing using spectrometers.

My 910R owner manual has PPG and Palinal paint codes on page 17 through 19.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Ah, well i guess there is a difference between an owners manual and a user manual then.

If i had the panels still would be no problem having the color matched or even get a color camera to get me close. However, those aren't options for me which is the reason for the thread. Hopefully we can get some definitive answers here so as to help others down the road when they go looking for paint codes for their bikes as well.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Old Wing Nut

What year bike?? I have the paint codes for the Brutale 2007/8 black and grey model if it's the same color scheme.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Established Member

So I am looking for color codes for MY2010 (grey/titanium) and based on the information provided here, looked up the owners manual:

Color code C: Titanium Grey (Code Palinal L821)

is this a generic code that I can take to a paint shop?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Old Wing Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fafman View Post
So I am looking for color codes for MY2010 (grey/titanium) and based on the information provided here, looked up the owners manual:

Color code C: Titanium Grey (Code Palinal L821)

is this a generic code that I can take to a paint shop?
Go look here:

http://www.palinal.com/uk/catalogo_prodotti.asp

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
What year bike?? I have the paint codes for the Brutale 2007/8 black and grey model if it's the same color scheme.

Its the 2007 paint scheme in black/gray, but i believe the RR for 08 used the same colors with a slightly different scheme. Not certain about this because there always seems to be an acception to the rule. So for the sake of keeping this thread on track i'm looking for the 2007 paint codes for the 312 as pictured in the link below.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/290290/mv-312.jpg
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

I'm told the oem part number for the side panel is 8000A8305. However, i have no idea how to make use of that if it can be used at all.....due to the fact that there are 3 different paints on the side panel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode