First ride of the 2013 season. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

First ride of the 2013 season.

If you think thatís a lot of crap in the parking area look at the side of the roadway. Let me tell you the roads, especially corners and intersections are just as bad. Oh please let it rain, long and HARD!

I was late meeting up with this group so I only had time to say hi and bye. It took me longer to put the bike back together than I had budgeted for. Relocated the rear turn signals and mounted the tail tidy. I had already put on the mirrors and front fender that the wife had painted as a Christmas present. But now I have four allen head cap screws left over. Donít you just hate when that happens.

the Dreamer
(a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 09:09 PM

Can you send them my way? I lost a few on a particularly bumpy ride the other day...

Nice to back out on Molly I bet. Stay safe and outta the gravel.

2013 MV Agusta F3
2009 Triumph Street Triple R
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Trips, it was good to get out but frustrating at the same time. And no, you can't have my fasteners 'casue as soon as I send 'em out I'll find where it is they were suppose to go.
I have to share this one funny story though. This was a group ride for a Facebook group I was invited to join. Most of these guys are much younger than I and live one to two hours from me. I didn’t confirm that I was going to meet up with these guys; it was a last minute thing. As I rode up and parked I thought I was too late as I didn’t see my buddy who had invited me. When I pulled off my lid and balaclava you could have knocked over several of the guys with a feather, they had this shocked look on their faces and I didn’t quite understand. We exchanged pleasantries and they asked where I was from and I told them and then I said I was supposed to meet up with this Facebook group and the one guy says, “Well THAT’S US!” He paused and then went on to say that he was expecting someone much younger riding such a bike. Holy Psych Job eh Batman? Everyone thought I was some young squid until I revealed myself. hehehe
I have several similar stories involving young women who thought I was some young stud only to learn I’m just an old dud.

the Dreamer
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

Last edited by Stephen W.; 04-03-2013 at 05:42 AM.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 10:59 PM

Is that snow in the background?
Fuck that it's too cold to be out if it is.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2013, 11:18 PM

Name:  ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1364703488.628361.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  100.5 KB

Who hasn't ridden in snow..... Sorry it's not an MV pic, it's me on my Streety on the North Cascades Pass in Washington state a few Junes ago. The road was only opened for 6 days before we went through.

(Hijack over)

2013 MV Agusta F3
2009 Triumph Street Triple R
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 08:38 AM
Established Member

Front fender looks great Stephen!

No, I haven't heard back yet about the MV sign.

Any pics of your tail tidy?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2013, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstar360 View Post
Is that snow in the background?
Fuck that it's too cold to be out if it is.
Hell ya that’s snow.
The parking area over looks Rice Lake which is still completely frozen. (see photo)

Yep, that's me rubbing my hands together.

To arrive at this meeting place I had to ride through areas that had snow banks as high as those in Trips photos. But this is Canada and we ride whenever we can.

the Dreamer
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

Last edited by Stephen W.; 04-01-2013 at 06:49 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post

If you think thatís a lot of crap in the parking area look at the side of the roadway. Let me tell you the roads, especially corners and intersections are just as bad. Oh please let it rain, long and HARD!

I was late meeting up with this group so I only had time to say hi and bye. It took me longer to put the bike back together than I had budgeted for. Relocated the rear turn signals and mounted the tail tidy. I had already put on the mirrors and front fender that the wife had painted as a Christmas present. But now I have four allen head cap screws left over. Donít you just hate when that happens.
Sounds like a great day regardless. Despite being able to ride year round in Atlanta the first ride during "nice" weather is very pretty special to us as well. Unfortunately it's also a reminder of the hot weather that's just right around the corner.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellyBean View Post
Front fender looks great Stephen!

No, I haven't heard back yet about the MV sign.

Any pics of your tail tidy?
I didnít think it necessary to post my efforts as many others have already done these mods. However you asked so here are a few shots I just took.
Forgive me for photographing a very dirty Molly but itís below freezing and I didnít wash the bike after Saturdays ride.

I mounted single, high intensity LED turn signals on brackets placed on the frame tubes behind the screens.

I also placed the red rear reflectors where the turn signals would normally be mounted on the Tale Tidy instead of modifying the bracket to make it cleaner looking. In this way I can still mount the stock signals should I need to.

No one made any comment on the changes but thatís not surprising. Itís only been out the once and those who saw Molly had no reference to compare to.

the Dreamer
2013 675 MV F3 Red Molly
1998 900 SS FE silFEr

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Banned

Sexy machine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode