MV Agusta drops MotoGB. Is that correct? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

MV Agusta drops MotoGB. Is that correct?

Hi guys,

I heard that MV Agusta had decided to stop using MotoGB to import and deal with motorbikes in the UK. Is that correct or just a noise?

Not that I would be sad not to have to deal with MotoGB and happy to keep ordering my parts from Star Twin (which are doing an amazing work and are polite, nice and professional... what a change compared to MotoGB) but would be interesting to know whether MV Agusta has designed a better UK importer...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 09:06 AM

News to me ???
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 11:20 AM

New Site Garage
all importers are fased out, directly to delaer ship to cut costs

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2013, 11:22 AM

I would be very interested to hear if this is correct. Where did you get this from?

I know that Moto GB have just taken on Royal Enfield in the UK with the unfortunate loss of Watsonian Squire.

Dorian
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Heard that from SouthernCross in London. Apparently MV would be wondering what is best between importing the bikes and dealing with parts themselves, or finding another importer. Frankly if I were MV, since Star Twin is good enough for parts I would ship the bikes directly to the customers in the UK and get a broader network of workshops to do maintenance work and warranty work.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2013, 01:23 PM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
I'm going to miss some good friends in the parts dept..

It is correct.. MV are going the same route as other bike manufacturers and opting for a central parts distributor centre in Europe..

It's been on the cards for the last few years and dealers knew it was coming..

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 09:20 AM

Aprilia are ''centralising'' their spare parts facility......................only problem is I think it must be on another Planet

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2013, 04:19 AM

!!

Last edited by adecritten; 11-27-2013 at 09:00 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I would suggest that it isn't a matter of droping MotoGB per se, it is more along the lines of MV wishes to be a direct supplier in major countries rather than having a distributorship. Ducati and Moto Guzzi, to name just two significant brands, have gone through this in the past.
It wasn't easy for either but long term it has been beneficial.
So MV will be dealing direct in the UK but transition probably take until the autumn to complete; it isn't a quick switch process and that transition will take time. I do understand, however, that UK prices are likely to increase - look at the prices in mainland Europe, convert to GBP and then this will give a clue as to where they will be; about 10-15% higher. So now is a good time to buy a new one from dealer stock as new shipments from the factory may well have to be adjusted in price. And I'm not just saying that as I have a few in stock!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode