Embossed BREMBO on standard wheels. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Embossed BREMBO on standard wheels.

Hello. I have done the usual searches and have only found one inconclusive thread.
My F4 has BREMBO cast/embossed onto each wheel along with the symbol, Why?
This is strange because my dad does not recall his early 2000 model having it on. I am fully awear of the possibility that the last owner may well have changed the wheels during its life, but this enquiry is not about that. My wheels are silver by the way.
Why would a standard F4 wheel have BREMBO embossed onto them.
The rear wheel for example has BREMBO 30.7397.01
Does anyone know why a standard F4 wheel has this when I thought Brembo did not make standard units. Thanks for reading. Brando

Last edited by Brando; 03-17-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 08:32 AM

New Site Garage
Hey Brando, got some pics to explain to us what you mean?
I have a pretty good idea but would like to make sure.

PS.Why don't you guys do photo albums so we can just click on it and have a look at your pictures and what you bike looks like.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 08:58 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
The early models with Star wheels ( 750,1000S, Brutales) all came standard with this type of wheel and it was made for MV by Brembo..

The same design Star wheel in magnesium was made by Marvic..

That particular Star Wheel design is owned by MV and I think was ( not 100% sure) Tamburini's concept..

EMAIL :
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
The early models with Star wheels ( 750,1000S, Brutales) all came standard with this type of wheel and it was made for MV by Brembo..

The same design Star wheel in magnesium was made by Marvic..

That particular Star Wheel design is owned by MV and I think was ( not 100% sure) Tamburini's concept..

A little off topic but ZNA of China manufacture wheels for MV Agusta ..

I have a pair of 2010 wheels with this stamped inside the rim..

joe
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 11:37 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Wink It's a sign of the times Joe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotojoe View Post

joe
Joe

All the late 2010 MV & Corse wheels are made in China.. So is a lot of the other cast components on the bike and various Corse parts..

I better not say anymore, otherwise the die hard MV brigade will commit Hari kari and I don't want that on my conscience.

I think the new 2013 RR has Brembo/marchesini or they could be the new Marvic wheels... ... I haven't seen any of the new MV line up range close up to verify what wheels they're using...

It's still chucking it down in St Albans and we're still quite a bit away from biking weather and the last bike showroom I visited was a Triumph dealer for the new 675 launch..

Come on Sunshine, get your finger out and start warming up the UK..

EMAIL :
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotojoe View Post

joe
That kind of shocking but at the same time it's a brutal sign of the times. With such a visible component of the bike made in China one has to wonder what other parts that are not visible were made there too. :/

In all reality though this is a quite common practice these days. While the wheels were made in China MV probably has a good in house quality control process to make sure parts making it onto bikes in their factories are up to their standards.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Talking of China, my brothers Apple imac, Mac book pro, ipods and his ipad were also Chinese made. Food for thought maybe. Also there is a well known ferrari and lambo parts suppliers called Euro Spares in the UK who have alot of reproduced parts made in China.
Back to the wheels, they also have CRC embossed onto them so there official wheels. Brando

Last edited by Brando; 03-17-2013 at 12:22 PM.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 12:27 PM

Brando, so much is made in China now...Lots of companies use ZNA wheels as oe..It's a direct result of globalisation.

It doesn't mean the parts are substandard.

joe

Last edited by gotojoe; 03-17-2013 at 12:30 PM.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
Talking of China, my brothers Apple imac, Mac book pro, ipods and his ipad were also Chinese made. Food for thought maybe.
Back to the wheels, they also have CRC embossed onto them so there official wheels. Brando
Yeah everything from Apple is made in China. Most consumer products ultimately come from China as well. The Chinese can make some decent products if the company invests a lot of time in monitoring the process and correcting issues as they pop up. Even if you wanted to avoid Chinese made stuff you would not be able to.

At the end of the day though it's really disappointing that MV is engaging in this practice. One of the things that appeals to me so much about these bikes is the idea that they are hand crafted and a lot of love and passion goes into the manufacture process. At the end of the day I want to own a bike that was built to be "the best" not built around a price tag and profit margin.

I have pretty much stopped buying many new products because of this. Most of my cars and bikes were hand made and were built before the business people started pouring "filler" into the recipe to maximize profits.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Hi, thanks for the chat guys. So back to the wheels, I never knew Brembo were involved in the making of some of the F4 wheels. I bet is some owners on here had a look at there wheels they might be surprised.
The embosment is easy to locate on the front wheels, it's located on one of the spokes. Like I said I can't post pictures at the moment.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode