How are the engine characters between 910R and 1000R - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

How are the engine characters between 910R and 1000R

Been lurking around here for a while, but since I'm sadly enough not yet have got an MV even thou I have drooled on them since day one, I didn't want to be a postwhore on this great forum.
Anyway.

It had always been the plan that I someday should get a Brutale, even thou I liked the F4 as much. But the Brutale seemed to be more everyday practical with the upright riding position. It was decided that I should have had one this summer, but the brain -Read $$- won over my heart And I bought the new Yamaha FZ1-N, a model you dont have in the states. It has got the full monty and makes now 152 HP on the wheel, but still it will never ever be close to a Brutale, and within two years this model are on every corner, and a new model is for sure on it's way.

So the plan are now, to keep it as an every day streetfighter, and get an F4. The big $10.000 quistion are now.
How are the engine characters between 910R and 1000R? I know that the aerodynamics plays a role when the bikes are gaining speed an the 1000R has this advantage. But overall, can you desribe the two engine's?

Just so you can get a picture why I "Just" dont rush out and buy an MV, here are the prices in Denmark on the two bikes. These INSANE high prices are due to our Taxes on Cars and bikes.

MV Agusta F4 1000R $71519
MV Agusta Brutale 910R $60791

The Yamaha FZ1-N I bought seems like an gift in comparance, but sure still expensive. seen with your eyes. $31289

Here are some pictures if you never have seen this bike.

Cheers Lars
Denmark

Last edited by Lars; 12-06-2006 at 04:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 04:50 AM
Established Member

Dear Lars,

Try to talk to Finn at Fimotorcykler, he has open house arrangements, and can facilitate test drive.

Regards

Johnni
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars

MV Agusta F4 1000R $71519
MV Agusta Brutale 910R $60791

The Yamaha FZ1-N I bought seems like an gift in comparance, but sure still expensive. seen with your eyes. $31289
Are you serious? Are you sure that your change rate from Danish Crowns is correct?
I paid for both F4 1000 R and Brutale 910R less than $42000 (Ä35800) here in Italy!!!!
Can't you manage somehow to buy in any other European Community country and import in Denmark? AFAIK European directive make it possible to buy in any other EU country without custom...

Anyway, let's talk about differences... it's not only a matter of engine. The F4 1000 R is basically a race bike with a licence plate stuck somehow on its tail, very "sharp" output and a certain on-off effect at low range, max torque at 10k rmp and max power at 13k rpm (even thoug after 5000 rpm you've already plent of both and is really great even in mid ranges); uncomfortable seat and very race oriented position make it a real pain driving in town or heavy traffic situations and coolant temperature in those occasions is always ready to jump over limits very quickly. Out of track is a sort of fish out of water, but is really incredible to ride, maybe the best bike I ever rode in my life; just reach a road out of town with some pretty curve on it and you will love your F4 immediatly and forever.
Brutale is more fit for a 360 degrees usage, the engine is very powerful, maybe the most powerful ever seen on a naked of that displacement and can boost the bike up to 257 Km/h in a blink of an eye (well, let's say 2 or 3, ok... ), but it's range of usage is very different. Max torque is at 7800 rpm, quite low for a 4 inline cylinder, and power distribution is more linear from low range up to 12k rpm, you can drive more relaxed and get easier the best from your Brutale than you could on th F4. The saddle is hard almost as that of the F4 but position is much more comfortable; suspensions are the same as on F4 and if they grant a wonderful feeling and peak performances in any kind of situation as a real race replica, on the other hand they makes long journeys harder to bear if the road is not exactly perfect since setting is very hard and difficult to soften beyond certain limits.

Amusement on both F4 and Brutale is out of question, just think where and how you would use them if you had and/or choose the one you like more.
My 2 cent! :-)
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganChane
Are you serious? Are you sure that your change rate from Danish Crowns is correct?
I paid for both F4 1000 R and Brutale 910R less than $42000 (Ä35800) here in Italy!!!!
Can't you manage somehow to buy in any other European Community country and import in Denmark? AFAIK European directive make it possible to buy in any other EU country without custom...
The price are right, no joking
I can offcourse buy the bike in, exampel Germany and pay the german Tax(VAT) 16%, instead of the Danish Tax(VAT) that is 25%.
But to get a Danish number plate on, it requiers that I pay the TAX for Bikes ALSO, on top of the VAT.
EU has tryed many attempt to lay Pressure(Trials) on the Danish govement to lower the the taxes we have here on cars and bikes, but without luck.
Then you might think that I just could get a bike on German, Swedish, or UK plates and drive around in Denmark, but NO NO, that loophole are also closed.
It's not allowed for a Danish citizen's to drive on foreign plates, Because then would all offcourse do that.

About the difference in the two bikes, I had some feeling about it would as you wrote.
It's exactly the same difference as the FZ1 and the R1.

So wich bike makes you smile more than another?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie
Dear Lars,

Try to talk to Finn at Fimotorcykler, he has open house arrangements, and can facilitate test drive.

Regards

Johnni
Hi Johnni, well it seems that I apparently not are the only Dane here.

FI Motorcykler has lost the Dealership and Jento A/S has got it instead, guess he not could ride on two competing horses
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars
It's not allowed for a Danish citizen's to drive on foreign plates, Because then would all offcourse do that.

About the difference in the two bikes, I had some feeling about it would as you wrote.
It's exactly the same difference as the FZ1 and the R1.

So wich bike makes you smile more than another?
Very sad... In Italy it's the same but making a license plate is not connected to any tax besides those directly related to licensing, all you have to pay is a sort of homologation of the bike that is just a check about existing homologation in the country where the bike was sold; that's the most expensive part and is about 1500 Euro, as far as I know. It's high enough to prevent Italians to buy bikes abroad bypassing official importers but with Danish prices it would very cheap! I didn't know about re-Ťpaying VAT in Denmark (it's against any treaty signed by EC members), if you pay VAT in an other EC contry you won't pay it again in Italy... And AFAIK you can choose to pay VAT in the country where you make your purchase OR in your country according to what is most convenient, you just need the certification you didn't pay when purchasing the goods abroad and show at custom when coming back to your country to pay VAT in your country. Maybe this is somehow connected to the fact that Denmark has not accepted Euro as currency, but it's really strange...

Ok... let's get back to bikes. You are correct, the difference is somehow similar to that passing between your FZ1 and an R1, but I think it's even deeper since Brutale IMHO is very similar in some of its behaviours to a 2 cylinders while FZ1 is definitely a typical 4 cylinders and has some of the same "defects" you can find on R1. I'd say that differences between F4 and Brutale are the same but much more evident.

I don't know which one can make you smile wider, if Brutale or F4. Actually my girlfriend an I decided to have both just to be sure we can always smile a lot together!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode