Thinking about trade in my MV for 2013 BMW S1000RR HP4 - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 05:54 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JC- View Post
The HP4 will be my next bike, next year.
Hey, wash that mouth out with some soap.
Lol, have you had one of the new MV's for a squirt yet JC ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote/BUT, if was really going to add bike 4 to the collection I think I would need to deal with the fact that the MV F3 is the best looking bike on the earth! 5 bikes? I need to hit the Lotto.[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhhh!, some of the F4 guys on here are a bit sensitive.

We're all here, but we're not all there.
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGOSTINI View Post
Quote/BUT, if was really going to add bike 4 to the collection I think I would need to deal with the fact that the MV F3 is the best looking bike on the earth! 5 bikes? I need to hit the Lotto.
Shhhhhhh!, some of the F4 guys on here are a bit sensitive.[/quote]

we're not sensitive only realistic. The F4 is the best looking bike on the planet- just ask us
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 11:33 AM

New Site Garage
Don't buy the BMW! Buy an F4RRRRRRR+RRRR

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Hey, wash that mouth out with some soap.
Lol, have you had one of the new MV's for a squirt yet JC ?
Don't knock the bmw mate

BMW s1000rr:
2006 mv 1000 nero 3/21(sold)
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 03:00 PM
Established Member

Had the luck to see the brand new F4 in all its versions at Brussels Motor Show. My friend, who owns a S1000RR, said while sitting on the white Standard F4: If my Beemer would look like this it would be the ultimate sportsbike ever....
I would wait to see what the new bunch of F4's is capable of.
After seeing them in the flesh i think these bikes could well surprise some people. The 2010-2012 F4 was not that far off the Beemer in comparison tests.
The fact that MCN had something good to say after they tested it at Valencia is a good sign in my opinion....

Last edited by iBike; 01-26-2013 at 03:03 PM.
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 09:05 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
You'll be soooorrrryyyy!!!

Those lonely nights when you're down in the garage youll been missing your fine beautiful Italian mistress while you look at your ugly German bar winch, that busted left eye, zero symmetry and no soul just lapping up the light of the garage like a black hole, with its horrible asthetics! Tears will inevitably come to your eyes, as you realize you've shunned the most important motorcycle in your life. You'll long to have her back, just one more day to look upon that beautiful nosepiece, one more day to caress the lines of the airbox, the single-sided swingarm, the beautiful curves of her tail, and you'll begin to lament the days of old when you had beauty instead of technologically advanced Frankenstein.

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.

03 F4750SR
07 F41000R

Last edited by Ian SAVS; 01-29-2013 at 09:13 AM.
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SAVS View Post
You'll be soooorrrryyyy!!!

Those lonely nights when you're down in the garage you'll be missing your fine beautiful Italian mistress while you look at your ugly German bar winch, that busted left eye, zero symmetry and no soul just lapping up the light of the garage like a black hole, with its horrible anesthetics! Tears will inevitably come to your eyes, as you realize you've shunned the most important motorcycle in your life. You'll long to have her back, just one more day to look upon that beautiful nosepiece, one more day to caress the lines of the airbox, the single-sided swingarm, the beautiful curves of her tail, and you'll begin to lament the days of old when you had beauty instead of a technologically advanced Frankenstein.

Don't do it
I agree! Plus you'll be bored out of your head with no maintenance, repairs or mods to carry out just to keep her in top condition

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 06:15 AM
Established Member

so i just steped up from a yamaha Fz1, great bike to a F4.... i went looking for a new bike, had a ride on the new BMW, ZX10, GSXr, a 312rr and the F4... they wouldnt give me an aprila ... the BMW was definatly an awsome bike to ride.... but the MV, its just some thing else. no its not as fast and no it probly doesnt handle as well on a race track.... but the looks alone set it apart from everything else, and its power delivery... u just fall in love with the things

ive never felt attached to a bike before, they've just felt like a tool for going exstemely fast, the MV tho... this things not going anywhere!
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 01:16 AM

I owned the S1000RR for 18 months or so, a great bike and there really is very little that compares performance wise, my mate had a 2010 (new shape) F4 at the time and the S1000RR just destroyed it everywhere.
But, the std bike fitted with a full akra system and PCV was mindblowing fast, it would lift the front at around 125mph just on sheer hp.

BMW say that the bike does not need a PCV when swapping the exhaust, they say it will correct the fuelling itself, it probably does, but corrects it to 14.7:1 AF ratio, a PCV makes the world of difference.

The BMW does have some rough edges though, rear subframe looks home made and to be honest it was not a comfortable bike at all, I traded a 09R1 in for it and found the S1000RR uncomfortable by comparison.

I felt the bike was dominated by the engine and was not a rounded package, I am happier on the RSV4 factory than I was on the BMW

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode