Upgrading - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Upgrading

Just a quick question, When is the right time to upgrade?

I purchased my MV F4 black in Jan 2012, new 2011 compliance, in 12 months ive put 20000k's on it. How many K's will the bike do?

My previous bike i purchased in 2004, new a GSXR1000 and got 70000k's with no issues at all, only one chain and sprocket set change.

Is it worth upgrading to the 2012 or 2013, just for electronics? Oh and not to forget daytime running lights? wow big deal, MV?

What would it be worth to sell with 12 months still on the warranty?

Ok any ideas would be good..Oh and its a much better bike than the GSXR and the R1 i used to own that someone wanted more than me!! bastards..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 05:51 PM

New Site Garage
Mate, there's guys on here with more than 70k on their MV's, good to see you getting out and riding the thing.
If I where you, and I assume you have the non Corsa Corta motor? I would have a go at it, money permitted of course.
There is more to the new bike, other than the electronics, I like the daytime running light's.
Can't wait to see the new bikes in real life, any idea when they will hit Aus.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 06:07 PM
col

New Site Garage
fal mate i have done over 100 k on mine its a 2006 910 s riden hard, serviced regular
i am very happy with it so far,. i wont be upgrading untill i get bored with it approx another 10yrs
upgradeing is more a personal choice than a time or date

i have a form of dislexia as i have said plenty of time and it dont bother me .................. but im not stupid or a tard so dont try it on

MV Brutale's go faster than a crackheads dole payment and that's fast

I WAS A BIKER BEFORE IT BECAME A FASHION STATEMENT
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Hey thanks Donsy, and col, the bike is my daily drive, and has never missed a beat, apart from a bit of fairing warping that is common. The bike rarely gets over 6k rpm, so not too much stress on my bikes, lots of low speed, good to see others live on their bikes as well, just had the dealer saying If I wanted to keep some value in the bike I should trade it now before the k's are too high..I saw the new bikes have less torque, more bhp at a higher rpm, wouldn't his be worst for city runs?

Last edited by falzon75; 01-17-2013 at 07:09 PM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 09:28 PM

Falzon with regular maintinance and periotic valve adjustments Ive seen roughly 15 bikes with over 200,000 miles on them and all still ran well. Today ven Harley Davidsons run 100,000 before needing a top end tear down . And a Harley being a 45 degree twin is tough on itself . Those big heavy pistons rise and fall together which beats the hell out of an engine.
You have many more miles to go .
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 09:29 PM

Col.. 100k GOOD MAN . Nice to see someone using there bike to its fullest .
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falzon75 View Post
The bike rarely gets over 6k rpm, so not too much stress on my bikes, lots of low speed,
You need to rev your bike more, mine see more revs than that from brand new. Low revs are very stressful if you're lugging the motor

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 03:02 AM
col

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake318 View Post
Col.. 100k GOOD MAN . Nice to see someone using there bike to its fullest .
but it has taken 7 yrs to get that 100k but finaly the engine is run in time to disconnect the rev limiter lol

i have a form of dislexia as i have said plenty of time and it dont bother me .................. but im not stupid or a tard so dont try it on

MV Brutale's go faster than a crackheads dole payment and that's fast

I WAS A BIKER BEFORE IT BECAME A FASHION STATEMENT
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake318 View Post
Falzon with regular maintinance and periotic valve adjustments Ive seen roughly 15 bikes with over 200,000 miles on them and all still ran well. Today ven Harley Davidsons run 100,000 before needing a top end tear down . And a Harley being a 45 degree twin is tough on itself . Those big heavy pistons rise and fall together which beats the hell out of an engine.
You have many more miles to go .
Indeed. My 97 Fatboy with every single performance mod available is running strong at 90k+ on it. The only problems I have had are starter motors because of the high compression.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quad-turbo View Post
You need to rev your bike more, mine see more revs than that from brand new. Low revs are very stressful if you're lugging the motor
Have to agree. The F4 loves to scream. I often feel bad for mine as I run out of road well before it runs out of scream.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode