Randy Is The Man - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
Cyber SPOTTER

Thumbs up Randy Is The Man

Some of you may know of our 'problem' with the Hilton hotel after last year's Bubbalicious - Bubba was part of our tour that included NewYork, Jamaica & Miami.

Seeing as I had an agent organise the other parts of the tour, I got them to book the Hilton Hotel out of laziness I guess. Anyhow we get there, the Hilton takes out travel vouchers & then swipes out credit card for incidentals (normal). They charge our extensive bar tab - no problem there.

Sometime later they charge our room rate for the whole stay - WTF? We ask??? They say they haven't been paid by our travel agent. I say NOT MY PROBLEM - you accepted the voucher which I paid for - the contract exists between YOU & the Agent NOT you & I !!! I ask at what point did I book & contract with them - apparently the basic tenets of fair & equitable law are a case of make them up as you along in the USA or at least in the South.

Once they have your money, short of flying back there to run a civil claims case it is bad luck, we will do as we like. Some of the stupidity expounded in the communications from the Hilton really made you question whether the writers had any form of business training at all!

Anyhow, after a big spit at the Hilton on here Randy contacts me & offers to help, he talks to the Hilton, & dialogue is reopened between all parties - two days ago - just a little under a year later we get a refund on our credit card!!

I am absolutely positive that this would NEVER have happened without Randy's intervention - we wrote to both parties thanking Randy for his efforts and basically telling them how poorly this reflects on both organisations (we CC'd you in that email Randy).

I know for a fact, that Lou & I will rather sleep in a rented vehicle than a Hilton hotel in future and rather build our own plane/ship/train than use that travel agent who stood to make thousands off us in the long term given our travel habits.

Again it's amazing how commercially stupid mangers /organisations can be - the funniest part is they spend millions to get us through their door when we were in that door already. When everything goes well, every organisation looks good, you only find out the reality of an organisation when things go wrong.

Btw the sum we are talking about is a paltry $384!

Again Big Thank you, to you Randy as we said never would have happened with you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 08:21 AM

great story, suxs you and lou had to go through that. randy yep what a great guy.
im sure Paris had something to do with the dogee activity conducted by the hilton hotel.

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Big Randaddy

You're welcome Rob. As it turns out, the Hilton management is kinda pissed at you for running naked up and down the halls of their hotel on your last visit. Had it been Lou, rather than you, I'm quite sure the Hilton would have been quite OK with the nudity.........

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2012, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Cyber SPOTTER

Talking It's All About How You Do Up The Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
You're welcome Rob. As it turns out, the Hilton management is kinda pissed at you for running naked up and down the halls of their hotel on your last visit. Had it been Lou, rather than you, I'm quite sure the Hilton would have been quite OK with the nudity.........
They could've added a fee for pain & suffering on the bill & they would have received no complaint

Thanks again Big Randaddy

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 03:50 AM
MRT

Good to hear it was all sorted Rob.

I don't know Randy other than a bit of chit-chat on the forum, but he supported me when I was in a similar situation......I probably didn't thank him at the time but his support meant a lot to me, as did the backing of many others on here.

It's been said before, but this is a great forum because of the great people.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 04:26 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Thumbs up Result Rob !

Iíve never met Randy, and hopefully if he ever visits the UK in future years, we can put that right.

But from what I've see on here, his kind hospitality and generosity makes him one of lifeís true gentleman..

Donít go changing Randy.

EMAIL :
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 05:09 AM

New Site Garage
It is all an act just to keep Jackie married to him.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 06:45 AM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post
It is all an act just to keep Jackie married to him.

That's it.....but you understand, right Randrew?

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode