Forks, Warranty and a quick hello - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Forks, Warranty and a quick hello

Hi Guys
Been a while but thought I should make a quick post. Business is busier then usual so all very hectic.

We today had a customer become very irrate at our staff. The guy bought an ex demo for a really good price (f4) anyway here we are 6 months later and the customer wants forks seals under warranty. The bike is an exdemo and fork seals are usually not covered under warranty. We quoted the price on SKF heavy duty seals (these have provided us some great results with leaking forkseals) anyway the customer calls back saying we are a rip off and he got them for $23 (not a great seal I bet and fork seals are not fork seals they do vary ALOT).

This email is a reminder re warranty as MV are really clamping down on this. We had several warranties recently declined as the owner could not provide an invoice for the service work provided. We have to provide invoices to them now on many instances of the work provided. It has to be a licensed Motorcycle repairer, at minimum. Also now for many warranties we have to provide evidence that it is not a failure due to an aftermarket part installation.

This has all come about (as MV were being very very good re warranty) Due to one customers tale of fitting accessories from overseas and using non authorised repairers. We now must return all warranty parts and provide images etc. This is actually normal process for other makes.

So in short this email is just to keep people in the loop re warranty and making sure you protect yourselves. This is not to promote getting work done by us. It is to just ensure people get an AUTHORISED LICENSED REPAIRER (but seriously no matter what state your warranty will be far far far more hassle free if it is a MV Dealer)

THE UP SIDE
We just got our first shipment of B3 so that is exciting.

I am also off to Italy in Febuary for the second round of training re F3 and B3. So please feel free to email me on [email protected] (NO NOT PM ME) We are building a list of things we want to look at and can aim to improve - these bikes have been uite trouble free other then some little bits and bobs.

Take care
Justin

Last edited by trooperlu; 10-08-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Oh and just quickly we have about 4 bikes we are clearing out. 1 x black f4, 1 x brutale 1090r white, 1 x silver 920, 1 x black 920 demo. These will be sharp deals as we need room for the new models ie b3 etc. email [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks

J

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode