SPEED Ends in 2013? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

SPEED Ends in 2013?

" Just like that, the SPEED network's fate was sealed. It will cease to exist and become the FOX Sports 1 cable network in 2013."

If so, what happens to MotoGP, WSBK, Formula 1, and all the other good stuff?... (they can keep NASCAR).

http://dalyplanet.blogspot.com/2012/...ynamite.html?m

ATGATT Saved My Life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 12:53 PM

New Site Garage
They did not show the last series of the WSBK races and I do not see that they will cover the AMA races this weekend. I like to watch the NASCAR races but they over kill the coverage.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Big Randaddy

Kidding aside, I thought NASCAR actually owned Speed Channel.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 10:36 PM

It doesn't mean necessary that Fox is stopping coverage of F1, WSBK or MotoGP. Time will tell. Speed on the other hand was disgusting to watch. I wached a F1 race in May on Speed and was ready to trough the TV out of the window. From around 60 laps in 90 min I saw might 15 laps. The rest was commercials. I watch Moto GP on live stream and will try to watch the other race series on live stream as well once I'm in the US: Unless Fox is improving the uualty of the coverage. Shouldn't be difficult.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 06:51 PM

they did show the last WSKB race, we need motorTV in NA

Toronto, Canada
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 08:30 PM

There are other (semi-grey area) ways to watch the races. I'm in Canada but enjoy Eurosport 2 coverage of MotoGP and WSBK, an BBC or SkyHD coverage of F1.

I refuse to pay for or watch Speed's coverage of anything. Truly awful coverage. We can only hope Fox steps it up a bunch.

2013 MV Agusta F3
2009 Triumph Street Triple R
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2012, 08:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to ondgas
the ama races were on aswell. some epic races and wild crashes.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
The Speed logo has already been changed to add Fox above it on the TV broadcasts...

They were definitely at NOLA for the AMA races. I watched WSBK on replay yesterday at noon (lunch break).

Let's hope they can improve race coverage and get rid of some of the real crap (pimp my ride???? WTF).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Last edited by esq'z me; 10-10-2012 at 11:09 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2012, 02:22 PM

New Site Garage
Cable and satellite networks were to be the ultimate in vertical marketing, allowing for the narrowest of interests to each occupy a network channel. Interestingly, the cable and satellite companies became their own worst enemies when they strangled the networks with high fees for broadcasting on their systems.

Going forward, the Internet will advance the vertical market specialization concept, and cable / satellite systems will be left with generic programming. Full business cycle.

The melding of broadcast television and Internet will continue. At a faster pace.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia View Post
Going forward, the Internet will advance the vertical market specialization concept, and cable / satellite systems will be left with generic programming.
I havent watched racing on TV in 3 years. I download all my races from the internet or watch a streaming service if they're available. I refuse to pay for NASCAR TV after they went to 18hrs of stockcar racing. Their coverage used to be full of WRC, F1, ALMS, AMA and now it just sucks. Changing the name to Fox sports whatever wont change anything for the better...unless you like nascar.

Timmay, tim-may timmay timmay. TIMMMAAYYY!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode