Winter is here, arrived Wednesday :( - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Winter is here, arrived Wednesday :(

Wednesday morning my dog Buster and I woke up to snow flying. Tuesday it was 70 degrees F but windy as it can get up here in the Great White Southern North of Montana USA, Canada is the true Great White North ay.
Soooo, the bikes are all safely tucked away for the long winter ahead. The two track only bikes are in hibernation in their trailer, batteries and coolest removed. The other three are connected to their umbilical cord battery tenders safe and warm in the shop. Outside of rubbing another layer of atoms off the paint there is not much to do with the bikes having done everything that has need of doing already.

I made a video on my F4 coming home from Bozeman this summer so I can sit in my computer room this winter and remember the warm air and bright sky's of summer as the roadway moves under and away beneath the keyboard in front of me.
I wish I had been getting with it a little better but instead I just putted along at the moderate speed limit of 70, sometimes I would kick it to 85 to pass a car. The beautiful grey rocks of the mountains and green rolling foot hills laying at their feet are there for me to gaze at with no concern of going off course now. No deer elk or cows to leap out and turn my hair white or other vehicles with unattentive drivers crossing over into my lane. Months will pass before the warmth returns and once again I can head out on the bikes for new adventures. Tucked away safely behind the windscreen the camera lense does not have to suffer the indignity of having bug guts distort it's wide angle one eyed cyclops view. The tachometer needle swings up and down as the engine rpms raise and fall with the tilting scenery.
Until next summer when I struggle with my leathers getting my toes through the netting in the legs and all of the zippers and snaps on my boots, once again pull my helmet down over may head this will be all there is. Maybe I can use this other media player to speed things up just a little
Attached Images

If Adam and Eve were Chinese, we would still be in paradise
because they would have ignored the apple and eaten the snake!

Last edited by Sagerider; 10-05-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode