Comments on this 2005 F4? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Comments on this 2005 F4?

Yet another in the ATL area. This one was on eBay for 8999 with offer and didn't sell. Anyone know this bike or care to comment? Thinking about flying down and riding it back to NYC. Thanks in advance. I believe it was serviced at bbc racing in Marietta.

http://www.atlpowersports.com/2005-M...-30060/3808040
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Banned

looks very good, someone closer may check it out for you but may also purchase it, looks like it may well have fallen off its stand, but it looks good, if it was for sale in UK and that price converted to pounds, it would be sold already if engine is good.

book that flight
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Big Randaddy

twenty minutes from my house. If you are interested, pm me and I'll go look at it. You could fly down, ride it at the Bub, and have Chuck take it back home for you.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 05:49 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I think 9 is a little high for an '05 with some damage.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 06:13 PM

I think you are wrong Cagy , MV's are worth what one wants to pay for a particular bike . They are a rare breed . In fact O5 bikes should be of higher value due to the fact that quality of that year bikes is much better then newer models when factory started to run out of money and went for cheaper subcontractors and parts altogether . I.M.H.O.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

That would be stupendous Randarosa. Will pm in a bit.

CAG, I'll be paying less, closer to 8, and I chose 05-07 partly for the reasons Nicolino mentioned but mostly bc I don't care for the later design. Some people still might have their Heather Locklear posters up at their parents house. Such is the case with me.

I spoke with the shop manager at bbc racing in Marietta today and he advised the bike was running crappy when it was brought in. A coil was replaced and other electrical issues were taken care of. The seller said the only issue the bike had was some ports were in the wrong place. ??? and nothing electrical.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 08:09 PM

What ports were in the wrong place?( sorry but never heard that one before) . One thing about 04-06 F-4 1000 bikes You want to have a spare EBS relay. and keep that chain on the loose side !!!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

I can't recall, I was leaving work. I'll clarify when I next speak to him. From the pics it looks like the clutch lever is aftermarket, whereas the brake is stock. Can't seem to find anything else odd about the bike visually. If I do buy it what would you guys recommend I take with me? My list is; fuses, toolkit, patch kit, first aid kit, red bull. Should I buy an ebs relay?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 08:56 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
The bike has the RG3 exhaust but it has damage to the left side, the clutch lever is aftermarket, which means the original one broke. Ask to remove the left side fairing to inspect that side of the engine before you buy the bike. Is the license plate light on the bike somewhere? How about the rear blinkers?

Ebay is a world wide market. Everyone on the planet who is interested in that bike at that time saw it. If it didn't sell at 9 there is a reason why.

You really should have someone look at it before you buy it.

Last edited by CAG; 09-27-2012 at 09:01 PM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 09:01 PM

Yes , you should. I think Alex at GP Racing has them .

Question is not if , but when it will go bad. Be prepared. You'll know it when your bike starts missing and or run on two cylinders on and off.

Listen to what CAG is telling you , have one of the forum members take a look at the bike. And or at least someone who is knowledgable about MV bikes.

Last edited by Nicolino; 09-27-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode