Are the designers of MV Agusta on permanent vacation? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Are the designers of MV Agusta on permanent vacation?

Right straight to the point...Don't you think it's time to change? I really think it is. I mean...it's great to have a bike with the latest design, but this is been already, how many... eight years? Just changing colors, a bit of carbon here and there...and that's it.
When I saw the advertisment of the F4 CC with the countdown and finally the bike I thought...same bike, different dress.
This also happens to Brutale...since Serie Oro to the newest 910 R's there are no significant changes. Always talking on design of course.
I'm sure when they change the models I'll be pulling my hair , but being objective...the brand needs new blood. Maybe a couple of new models keeping the F4's and Brutales...but something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 04:42 PM

doesnt fit the type of product they offer to change it regulary . plus i dont want the depreciation new models cause . i heard a rumor a new platform was on its way a few years
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 04:54 PM

It's not the designer, it's management. Castiglioni said he wanted a design to remain fresh for 10 years (ala 916) and most likely intends to do the same with the MV.

On the brightside, that means the current design will be replaced in 2 or year years. Also, how old is Tamburini? If they still with 10 year runs could the next design be his last? Do you think he'd want to go down in history with his last creation a step below the MV Agusta? So, I'd sit tight because the next bike will probably be a doozy. All speculation but I have faith in Tamburini.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 05:32 PM

I like it that it doesnt change to often. Jap brand bikes tend to change every 2-3 years and it seemed like I was going through bikes too fast just to have the newest model. Thats one of the reasons I bought the MV, to have a well respected bike, it runs like hell, and regardless of when you bought it looks current cause theyre not always changing the damn thing up.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade007
I like it that it doesnt change to often. Jap brand bikes tend to change every 2-3 years and it seemed like I was going through bikes too fast just to have the newest model
So do I. But it's been almost nine years since first F4 was released. I'm not saying to change models like japs do but maybe a new model will bring the brand some fresh air. And when I say new, I mean totally new. Not an improvement of the known ones. Can you imagine a F5? or a two cylinder MV...WOW!!!! And don't tell me that's againt the brand philosophy...MV has done even one cylinder bikes!!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade007
I like it that it doesnt change to often. Jap brand bikes tend to change every 2-3 years and it seemed like I was going through bikes too fast just to have the newest model. Thats one of the reasons I bought the MV, to have a well respected bike, it runs like hell, and regardless of when you bought it looks current cause theyre not always changing the damn thing up.
+1.

I believe that if the design is great then what is the need for a complete redesign? I don't see a need yet. It is timeless yet modern as is.

I am currently happy with them refining it and making it a better bike every two years rather than redesigning it. They should continue to improve the bike (as they have with the new "R") with better materials, more power, and upgraded components. They should continue to build and support their dealer networks, and they should continue to build their racing programs to represent the brand.

They are currently doing these things and hopefully when they start winning races in superbike, there will be more brand awareness and desire/admiration from people who have never seen an F4.

They are not like every other bike manufacturer in there philosophy, and thats what I DO LIKE.

Joe

2005 MV Agusta F4-1000 S
1998 Suzuki TL1000R sold
1990 Suzuki GSXR1100 sold
1987 Yamaha FZR 600 sold
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 08:58 PM

I think it is much more productive for MV to channel their innovative resources to performance characteristics rather than into a yearly design change.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 09:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
I think their focus should be
1.0 Get Profitable and Solidify the business and service network
2.0 Go Racing at top level
3.0 Bring out new model based on the racer...

that's my thoughts. Happy to wait 2 to 3 years for the new road version of the racer.

MVA Sydney
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 09:45 PM

MV is too small to get return on investment if they change the design of the bike every 2 years...
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2006, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocemoto
MV is too small to get return on investment if they change the design of the bike every 2 years...
Plus the cost to re tool would certainly put them out of business for good....
I heard that the re tool cost for the 07 GSX 1000R (and there really weren't too many changes) cost upwards of $200m

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode