Ferrari vs MV in Chile - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Ferrari vs MV in Chile

Courtesy of Marco Dollenz, Chile... GRACIAS Marco!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4G7...WYc9yFhPdEeBko

Alex

GP Racing - Gutsy Performance, Inc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

916 276-1080 cell

Last edited by GP Racing; 09-03-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 01:39 PM

Hey, that F430 was almost keeping up!

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 02:30 PM

When my F4 was not a track bike yet, I once rode on the sweeping road I know very well.
One of the oncoming cars was a bright yellow Porsche 996 Turbo. With yellow wheels. And ''Redhot'' on the plates.

I HAD to turn around to see what it has to show.

I catched him sooner than I thought - he was stuck behind slow car going trough small village. I sticked on his tail and waited till the end of the village.

We accelerated to some 120-150 km/h on a straight part of the road, I was behind him. Then we slowed down because of some houses by the road.
And then all hell broke loose. As soon as there were no more houses I saw the Porsche pressed down at the back - he threw 2 or 3 gears down and went full throttle, so did I.
We entered a sweeping road and going well north of 150 km/h, knee down on almost every corner. After some corners we catched a few cars. He prepared well for the overtaking maneuver. Porsche was screaming and there was the 1st time I put in the 1st gear during ride and speed wasn't low. We blasted by the cars, high speeds restored.
Once again we went through some small village very slow, by the speed limits actually.

After that the road opened up with very very long curves and than a nice straight stretch of road; full throttle again. I read 231 km/h and after that we were still accelerating for a few seconds. He said that he saw 269 km/h on the clock. On the 2 lane B road, middle of the day.

One of the best memories on the F4. I could keep up with him, and that Turbo had 550 HP (I spoke to the owner sometime after that)!!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 09:47 PM
hes

Thanks??? I'd punch him in the face. That is why tracks exist, so you can be fast and prove yourself. People like this put inocent lifes in danger. How long did that f430 drive against traffict blind sighted passing cars? What an asshole ... Sorry
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hes View Post
Thanks??? I'd punch him in the face. That is why tracks exist, so you can be fast and prove yourself. People like this put inocent lifes in danger. How long did that f430 drive against traffict blind sighted passing cars? What an asshole ... Sorry
Thank you hes! Every time someone posts up this kind of video or brags about doing it themselves, it really upsets me. Don't misunderstand, I've done some reallllllllly stupid things on the road in the past, but in hindsight, I was blessed by God that I didn't kill myself or someone else.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 12:52 AM

That MV was.....GONE!!!

But agreed....dumb driving on Ferrari part...

~Serge~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode