MV Bedtime reading - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
Post MV Bedtime reading

I mentioned in another thread, a good read is MV Agusta Fours - The complete story. by Mick Walker ISBN 1-86126-329-5

Another good book is Moto MV Agusta by Mario Colombo and Roberto Patrignani. ISBN 88-7911-180-9

I'm always looking for good reference material regarding MV Agusta so if you have any recommendations concerning books or articles you have read, please post them up for all to see.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
I mentioned in another thread, a good read is MV Agusta Fours - The complete story. by Mick Walker ISBN 1-86126-329-5

Another good book is Moto MV Agusta by Mario Colombo and Roberto Patrignani. ISBN 88-7911-180-9

I'm always looking for good reference material regarding MV Agusta so if you have any recommendations concerning books or articles you have read, please post them up for all to see.
Better still, scan 'em and share for all to enjoy.

Side note is that the ORO (#28) featured in Mick Walkers book, in now owned by a guy in Queensland, Australia.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:01 AM Thread Starter
Smile

Don't have a scanner Al. Good idea though, may be someone else does?

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:10 AM
just got done reading this

and now im going to bed
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:15 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Ohh, nice post
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 04:42 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
Don't have a scanner Al. Good idea though, may be someone else does?
Maybe they do

If they did how would they upload it, alvin?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 05:15 AM

The Idea and the Legend:
Words from the Boss, Claudio Castiglioni

One evening while discussing with my colleague and friend Massimo Tamburini the topic that characterizes nearly all of our encounters (motorcycles, naturally), the idea came about that was to give life to the F4 project.
Together we imagined an engine for a large-displacement motorcycle, a four-cylinder engine that would gve top performance. The project was a complicated and difficult one, and, pressed by our respective commitments, we put it aside for the time being, though promising to take up the subject again soon.
The idea of the engine kept coming back, until the confidence in the technical quality achieved by our projects and the experience gained in the area of development permitted us to consider this idea an actual possibility.
Among the individuals who were at my side during this arduous undertaking, I must mention Piero Ferrari, whose help was invaluable and of such fundamental importance to the realization of the F4.
Naturally, the first step towards seeing the F4 project materialize coincided with Cagiva's acquisition of the glorious MVAgusta trademark, which possesses the most fascinating history in world motorcycling. Its victories on the race tracks of the world generated an indefinite number of enthu-
siasts throughout the globe, which no one has ever succeeded in equalling.
Seventy-five rider and make World Championships, 270 Grand Prix victories and a total of 3,027 victories in the various different biking disciplines have made the MV Agusta make a particular legendary myth.
We were then to make what was unquestionably the most difficult decision for the achievement of the project: to abandon world racing competitions in the 500 class -the most difficult in terms of technological effort and the most important in terms of stature, as well as an area that saw Cagiva as a major player and one of the leading performers.
This was a strategic decision stemming from a precise intention to devote our specific knowledge and best men to a project that would stimulate the enthusiasm of everyone involved, who were excited just hearing the famed MV Agusta mentioned and eager to return it to its former fame.
The Experimental Department in Varese was assigned the design and development of the engine, while the Cagiva Research Centre, directed by Massimo Tamburini, was given responsibility to create all the other components of the bike, in addition to its styling. The result of this joint effort is a product which will surely provoke comment for its exclusive features and sophisticated mechanics.
The 'radial' valve timing system, a choice inspired directly from the F1, and the special removable gearbox, are clear examples of the commitment to create a racing-inspired engine that is completely innovative.
The technical qualities, sportsmanship and competitiveness fused into an innovative design were the sole principles to guide us in our goal to give all enthusiasts and admirers of the MV Agusta trademark a product worthy of their expectations.
Through difficult, yet passionate work, we achieved the highest goal we had ever set for ourselves. The trademark cherished in the memories of all motorcycle enthusiasts has been revived, and, with
the F4, Cagiva has breathed new life into the legendary MV Agusta.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2006, 03:39 PM

777 and Al,

Great posts guys, thanks for your time in putting the stuff on line...appreciate your efforts, love reading it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode