Listing all your bikes past and present? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Listing all your bikes past and present?

Hi all,

I have noticed that some members list some or all of the bikes that they currently own, or have previously ridden, as part of their signature to posts.

Is this useful to other members? Does it help?

Or could it be seen as a form of bragging or intimidation to others less confident or who don't have the means?

I am not trying to spark a riot, just would like to hear other members views.

jimboF4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 01:49 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I always figured that the bikes a person owns says something about who he is.....

Never really thought of it as bragging, but I guess it could be.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 01:58 PM
Ball & Chain magnet

Send a message via Yahoo to Djester
<---- Previous bikes: 2003 Buell XB9R LE

<---- Current bikes: 2005 Mv Agusta F4 1000s

<---- Future Bikes: (See current bike)

If at first you don't succeed, use a hammer instead

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 03:46 PM

I don't see it as an issue.

We are all individuals, some have more money and can afford more/exotic bikes, some have little money and scrimp and save just to buy whatever they can.

Whatever your circumstances we all share a love of bikes and if we feel we want to share our biking history then we should do so without embarrasment.

One of my first ever bikes was an NSU Quickly. I was so proud of the bike/moped (whatever), I love to tell people about it.

Tell all, if you want to I say.

Tony

I was born broke and I've got most of it left
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 04:29 PM
JEC

Not bragging, more sharing. Sometimes I encounter people who owned the same weird widget I had and it gives us something in common.

It will at least tell you I'm not a squid who bought a blahblah as his first bike.

'97 916
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 05:18 PM

Yeah sounds like bragging if your like me, poor! But I guess if you have it flaunt it. I also see it that the bikes I've had have taught me how to work on and recognise faults so I don't get stranded and can sort out most problems. Previous bikes : rd50mx, fs1e, ty50, mbx80, rg125, rd2/350lc, rd250dx, nsr250, gsxr250, gsxr400, gsxr750 (slabby), zxr750h1, yzf750, gsxr1000 k1&k2(2off), zx10r c1&d6(2off)&d7, r1 4xv(2off) 5jj(2off).
Current bikes : r1 4xv (track bike) 5jj (rebuild)x3, and of course MV 750 1+1 2001 (track bike)
I'm not rich just trying to make some money out of parts unlike most which seem to have a golden goose!! Future bike : sure they'll be loads of cheap and cheerful, but what i have learnt is that expensive doesn't necessarily mean reliable or better, just more expensive for the same quality of inferior products! Think a BMW S1000RR is next!!!
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 05:22 PM
JEC

I'm not rich either. I just spend all my money on my bikes. It's my no. 1 passion and it's the one thing I never compromise on.

Couldn't afford a car if I wanted one (which I don't).

'97 916
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 05:30 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

I think it's cool - it reminds them of the past & there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't really understand 'bragging' I see more as sharing, which is a good thing on a site of (mostly) like minded people.

I must admit when I see see sigs with all the bikes in them, I like to read them and wonder whether that was the particular order & whether that order tells me that the person has evolved or devolved - lol which of course, is merely a matter of opinion and in good fun.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 08:24 PM

...ok first bike aged 11, Maico 250, then aged 15, Kawasaki H2. Sold the Maico (idiot ) still have H2 plus another 73 triples mainly 750s but a sprinkling of 500, 400, 350 and 250, 3 Z1s, MV 125, MV 750 Sport, Ducati 750 Sport ('73) 2 750 Supersport '(74) Senna lll, D16RR, 2 Laverda SFC, Honda RC30, NR750, some dirtbikes and the 5 Modern MVs (F3 Oro, Tambo, Senna 750, Brutale Oro, F4 Oro) plus 2 more lovelies on the way (that I discussed with The_castle ) and I will list these when they are actually in my possession. Probably missed a few

ORBIS NON SUFFICIT
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 08:58 PM

I never really thought of it as bragging. Especially if they are selling one bike to buy another. Besides, for some people motorcycles are their main hobby and for others it is just one of many interests. And everyone has different priorities for how they spend their money. Hopefully nobody feels bad when they see other people's bikes because most everyone is lucky enough to have something special when you look at the entirety of life (money, spouse, health, intelligence, talents, etc.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode