LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
American Rider

Hi Guys,
I wont ask you one think:
I'm watching television in this moment one SAT-TELEVISION,and I saw the American riders on Harley and Honda goldfinger (i think his name) with skin jacket and skin boots,very tattoos but WITHOUT HELMET!All without helmet!!!
Why?
Pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Last edited by pigiolino; 11-20-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 02:56 PM

Helmets (also known as brain buckets) are optional in some states. Some prefer to ride without a helmet. For some, to ride is to be free--free from restrictions like a helmet. But most people consider that attitude irresponsible.

Jack
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladio
Helmets (also known as brain buckets) are optional in some states. Some prefer to ride without a helmet. For some, to ride is to be free--free from restrictions like a helmet. But most people consider that attitude irresponsible.
Ok,I undrestood!
I asked why this situation.....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 03:06 PM

My brother rides a vintage Honda Goldwing and a lot of his friends are the Harley/Japanese Cruiser crowd. Sometimes my brother rides without a leather jacket (which I harass him about), but he always wears a helmet. The ridiculous thing is that a lot of his Harley friends give him a hard time about not wearing leather when they never even ride with a helmet. I don't really understand the "Harley Costume" of full leathers and no helmet.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Exclamation

I am of a certain vintage that remembers life before compulsory crash helmets. Whilst I would always wear one now, I recall that the freedom (for wont of a better term) of riding without a helmet was quite exilarating, It is clear that you can have a serious accident at low speed (less than 30 mph)but I would personally like to see compulsory helmet wearing (in 30 mph limit areas) repealed, but in the UK it will never happen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 04:44 AM

Send a message via MSN to allias86 Send a message via Yahoo to allias86 Send a message via Skype™ to allias86
riding without a helmet is stupid.you can t see shit over a certain speed your face will be full of flies rocks sand and mosquitos in no time.this association between motorcycles and freedom is a bit of a clichee perpetuated by yuppies who saw easy rider and like to play it cool with their office buddies.that s why the custom market grew so much in the us and the world.because they all want to ride a quarter mile into town on these ridiculous machines..looking cool..like a monkey on a bicycle
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 04:49 AM

Send a message via MSN to allias86 Send a message via Yahoo to allias86 Send a message via Skype™ to allias86
and about the honda "goldfinger".a couple of years ago when my english wasn t so good(not to imply that i am a very good english speaker now but still ) i used to say honda goldwhig )
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by allias86
riding without a helmet is stupid.you can t see shit over a certain speed your face will be full of flies rocks sand and mosquitos in no time.this association between motorcycles and freedom is a bit of a clichee perpetuated by yuppies who saw easy rider and like to play it cool with their office buddies.that s why the custom market grew so much in the us and the world.because they all want to ride a quarter mile into town on these ridiculous machines..looking cool..like a monkey on a bicycle
Monkey!!!!Hahahaha!!!

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Quote:
and about the honda "goldfinger".a couple of years ago when my english wasn t so good(not to imply that i am a very good english speaker now but still ) i used to say honda goldwhig )
I did'nt rememember the name...There is one only in my country!!!
pier

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Established Member

Quote:

Pretty much sums up my feelings. I've been riding for over 25 years and never have and never will get the whole Harley/no helmet lots of leather thing. From the no helmets, to the leather costums, to the crap bikes and the "I'm too cool" attitude. These 'motorcycles' are everywhere in my area on weekends. You can tell a mile away that 99% of these guys are not very skilled or experienced just by watching them ride. They also clog up some of our best roads with their 35 mph du-rag parades while the rest of the motoring world is stuck behind them (cars anyway). All dressed up with no helmets on..........and nowhere to go. Friggin' poseurs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode